“Wonderful!”
Review of Montezuma Yoga

Montezuma Yoga
More attraction details
Owner description: Beautiful Yoga Studio and Retreat Center with ocean view in the charming beach town Montezuma. only 5 minutes walking distance from town you will find our beautiful open air studio . Come and practice Anusara Inspired & Vinyasa Flow Yoga to the sound of monkeys, birds and the ocean. All of our instructors are highly trained and experienced, and you will get the attention you deserve. Special candlelight & live music classes on sunday evenings and donation yoga classes on saturdays with the proceeds supporting our local recycling project.We also host yoga retreats with international teachers and yoga teacher trainings as well as individual yoga vacation packages. Please refer to our website for more details and prices. We look forward to seeing you on the mat!
Long Beach, California
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My girlfriend and I did a yoga retreat here and all of the yoga teachers are top notch. They really made us feel welcome from day one, and they each tailored the sessions so that both of us got a lot out of the sessions (since I am a beginner with yoga and my girlfriend is much more advanced). The setting is perfect overlooking the ocean with the sounds of nature all around. We loved the bungalows that we stayed in which have plenty of room and everything we needed. One of the best parts was being able to sit in the rocking chair or hammock on the porch and read a book while listening to the ocean and birds all around. We will definitely be back! Dave

Visited February 2014

New York City, New York
“The Perfect Yoga Retreat”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I had high hopes for Montezuma Yoga Retreat, but it actually exceeded my lofty expectations. It was the perfect yoga retreat. Located in the charming, laid back, dynamic and artsy beach town of Montezuma, Dagmar runs a retreat that is rejuvenating, inspiring, relaxing, and nourishing. I wanted my vacation to be active, engaging, and relaxing all at the same time, and that's exactly what it was. I had the opportunity to take yoga twice a day, surf, hike breathtaking waterfalls, snorkel, horseback ride, swim in the beautiful ocean, eat delicious and healthy food, and meet like-minded people, who quickly became friends.

The yoga classes are very special, unique and varied. Some have live-music and candle lighting, which is extra special and cathartic. Others have the sounds of ocean and surrounding nature. They combine a good amount of physical exercise/movement with spirituality and the striving for love, light, compassion, acceptance, and understanding. I felt great about myself, my life, whoever it is I am, and whatever it is I've accomplished during the yoga sessions. The yoga classes elicit this positive stream of thoughts and emotions. It is days later and I am back home now still feeling that inner peace and joy, as the effects of the retreat penetrated and linger.

Visited January 2014
enjoylifenewyork, Owner at Montezuma Yoga, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Cheryl, thank you for your sweet review, it was a pleasure meeting you and seeing your smiles getting bigger every day...i am glad you found what you were looking for and hope the memories will linger with you for a very long time :) Wishing you the best and hope we meet again! with love Dagmar
Knoxville, Tennessee
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Great Class and Setting”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I took an evening class just after arriving by bus. I had been riding all day and it was great to stretch and move. The class and instructor were very good. A drop in class cost $14 and lasted about an hour and a half.

Montreal
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Amazing and deeply enriching!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I recently did the Montezuma Yoga and wellness package, I’d read much positive feedback on Tripadvisor and after ten days there, I can definitely confirm that it is an inspiring and deeply enriching experience. With their beautiful setting, the Los Mangos rustic wooden bungalows are simply comfortable and nicely decorated with nice exotic touches. With its eco-friendly features, the hotel, perfectly integrated in its natural surroundings, is definitely perfect for experiencing a true immersion in nature among the birds, monkeys, and reptiles. Waking up to the sound of waves and birds, starting the day with a yoga session is truly regenerating. Having a delicious organic breakfast at Amor de mar, while enjoying the incredible view of the ocean, is inspiring... Spending the day discovering the many natural features or beaches by foot, reading a book lying in a hammock under a palm tree or writing my dairies is fulfilling! Dagmar is a wonderful host, making sure everyone feels welcome, adjusting her yoga teaching to all levels, her calm and assertive energy is a wonderful guide and support! Silvia is an excellent teacher with lots of positive and refreshing energy! The evening sessions are beautiful with candlelight and the amazingly relaxing music by Daniel playing on the magic Hang! I really recommend downloading Gaudan’s music! Along with this wonderful team, I must recommend the relaxing massage of Cordula and her helpful advice. The hotel team did an excellent job, the bungalow was always clean, Yajaira at the reception is most helpful and welcoming, Costas the owner and Johnny the driver are friendly and very nice people, a real family atmosphere! Thanks to all, I will definitely return!
Rafik

3 Thank Mtltravel2013
Thank you! It was a pleasure having you in class and we hope you will keep the warmth and memories of Montezuma with you for a long time. All the best!!!
Bracebridge, Canada
“Yoga - the best I have experienced so far”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My family and I have been traveling to Costa Rica for about 12 years. The past three trips have been to Montezuma. I have been doing yoga for about a year. I go to 3 classes a week and have experienced different types along with different instructors. I absolutely loved Dagmar's classes and the setting in which she teaches. The open air pavilion overlooking the grounds and the ocean at Los Mangos Hotel is so beautiful. Not only were the practices manageable for all fitness levels but also very up lifting. I purchases two of her CD's and I am now fortunate enough to be able to use them here at home

Visited December 2013
enjoylifenewyork, Owner at Montezuma Yoga, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you so much Sue, it was a pleasure meeting you in class and seeing your dedicated practice! Enjoy the DVDs and i hope we meet again.....with love from Montezuma, Dagmar