“inspiring energy, tranquil space”
Review of Montezuma Yoga

Montezuma Yoga
More attraction details
Owner description: Beautiful Yoga Studio and Retreat Center with ocean view in the charming beach town Montezuma. only 5 minutes walking distance from town you will find our beautiful open air studio . Come and practice Anusara Inspired & Vinyasa Flow Yoga to the sound of monkeys, birds and the ocean. All of our instructors are highly trained and experienced, and you will get the attention you deserve. Special candlelight & live music classes on sunday evenings and donation yoga classes on saturdays with the proceeds supporting our local recycling project.We also host yoga retreats with international teachers and yoga teacher trainings as well as individual yoga vacation packages. Please refer to our website for more details and prices. We look forward to seeing you on the mat!
Reviewed December 16, 2012

This is by far the most beautiful studio I have been to. It is set far enough back from the main road that it is peaceful yet still in view of the ocean. Dagmar and Sylvia are wonderful teachers, and take extra care to get to know all of their students, even those only visiting briefly. I really felt sense of community practicing here, so much so that I returned for another week after visiting for two weeks, and plan to return again soon. The classes are suitable for all levels but challenging enough even for more advanced students. I felt very grounded and found my practice grew very quickly practicing here. The teachers play wonderful music selections and there is live music for a candlelit class Sunday evenings (the Hang music class is especially powerful). I especially loved the long savasanas - 10-15 minutes each class - that really take your yoga to a new level.

2  Thank Amelia B

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I recently spent a week in Montezuma and had the pleasure of doing yoga with Dagmar every day. I loved every second of it. I have had my fair share of yoga instructors and Dagmar is most definitely one of my favorites. From her soft soothing voice to her ability to break down poses and make you feel comfortable whether you are doing a handstand or simply sitting for meditation, she is wonderful. I loved the flow of her class as well. I have both of her videos as well so I can bring her home to snowy Vermont with me. Highly recommend her studio and class- counting the days until I can practice yoga with her again in person. Thanks Dagmar!

1  Thank Ashley T
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is my second visit to Montezuma, and I made it a point to retrun to Montezuma Yoga several times. Dagmar and Sylvia are terrific teachers, and the acoustic guitar accompaniement to Sunday night candlelight yoga is a soothing treat. At the morning classes, it is so cool to come up during a sun saluation and seee the ocean. Yoga here is a highlight for me in Montezuma.

1  Thank Ticorella
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Awesome, clean studio with vibrant atmosphere. Dagmar and Sylvia are super skilled instructors. Just wish I had found this place earlier.

1  Thank anchme
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Silvia, Dagmar and Kosta were all very friendly, accommodating and kind. The food, yoga and location were the highlight of the week, a wonderful and relaxing experience.

1  Thank jcollison