“What a view, great instruction” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Los Mangos, Montezuma 10009, Costa Rica
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Beautiful Yoga Studio and Retreat Center with ocean view in the charming beach town Montezuma. only 5 minutes walking distance from town you will find our beautiful open air studio . Come and practice Anusara Inspired & Vinyasa Flow Yoga to the sound of monkeys, birds and the ocean. All of our instructors are highly trained and experienced, and you will get the attention you deserve. Special candlelight & live music classes on sunday evenings and donation yoga classes on saturdays with the proceeds supporting our local recycling project.We also host yoga retreats with international teachers and yoga teacher trainings as well as individual yoga vacation packages. Please refer to our website for more details and prices. We look forward to seeing you on the mat!
Leavenworth
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“What a view, great instruction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed at Los Mangos and took full advantage of the morning yoga and live music yoga in the evening. The instructors are welcoming and absolutely excellent and the location could not be more dreamy and exotic. Open air studio overlooking the sea... need I say more? Thoughtfully and artistically designed, it was a one-of-a-kind experience. Thank you. Namaste.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Lotuslola

Gold Coast, Australia
“Top Class Yoga Destination!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Immediately I was blown away by the spacious open-air studio, set in gorgeous tropical surroundings with views over the ocean. The experience was added to again, by the warmth and inspiration of the teachers, Dagmar and Sylvia, who create a perfectly balanced class that is both challenging and achievable. I especially loved the beautiful thoughts, meditations and gentle one-on-one guidance offered throughout. The beautiful spirit and energy of the town of Montezuma along with the experience and wisdom of the teachers, make this one of the most amazing Yoga destination's I've ever visited. Hope to return someday!

Visited May 2012
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Inspiring, encouraging, beautiful yoga teachers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Dagmer and Silvia are both wonderul women and beautiful yoga teachers - very thorough and precise yet so gentle, accepting and permission giving. They taught me so much and inspired me with the grace of their own movements and with their gentle encouragement and kind support throughout the month I practiced yoga with them.

Visited April 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“Great yoga experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I spent two weeks in Montezuma at La Escuella Del Sol. I had come mainly to learn Spanish and yoga wasn't really a priority for me but I ended up really enjoying my classes with Silvia and Dagmar. I took 5 classes with them each week at the school and ended up taking additional classes with them at their studio on the weekend. They're both great teachers who I thought really did well in getting a sense of the mood of the class and adjusting their instruction accordingly. I especially enjoyed the mix of relatively vigorous yoga to start the class combined with restorative yoga to end it. I highly reccomend dropping in on several of their classes if you can.

Visited July 2012
Columbia
“The best yoga learning experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I spent one month in Montezuma at La Escuela Del Sol and took yoga with Silvia and Dagmar. They are absolutely wonderful! Both ladies are truly warm people, but also very encouraging and challenging. I have taken yoga at several other places sporadically, and this is the ONLY studio I wish I could practice at. Dagmar is extremely kind hearted and a great role model for both beginners and experts alike. I really loved the classes and I hope I can travel again soon to study yoga with them!

Visited June 2012
enjoylifenewyork, Owner at Montezuma Yoga, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you so much!!!! Really appreciate your enthusiastic feedback and hope to see you again!!! Until then, enjoy the practice! All the best from Montezuma, Dagmar