We came to Luz en el Cielo seeing it had fantastic reviews on Tripadvisor, but for us it didn't live up to its reputation. Don't get me wrong, it has great potential! There are just some basic things that need a bit of work.
Kiwidiwi's review (below) is spot on, but I would argue you won't find a place in Montezuma without noise at night - street noise, beach noise, drum circles. It's part of being in Montezuma; it may be a small town, but it's bustling.
What I would add is that there are no lockers in Luz en el Cielo (or if there are, we weren't told about them), which is why I didn't give this place an "average" rating. The lack of lockers felt like an enormous oversight on behalf of the owners.
Like I said, though, the place has potential. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the bunks and common rooms are clean (though some of the guests certainly were not), and I liked the laid-back vibe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to the sounds of the jungle. Luz en el Cielo B&B/Hostel is located just out of Montezuma's town center. This well-rated, classy hostel is great for solo travelers, families and couples. We currently have four dorm rooms, three private cabinas and a fully equipped house. Enjoy a communal kitchen, and lounge area available to all guests. A 100% bio-organic breakfast sourced from local farms in Costa Rica, is included for every guest, every morning! Come stay at your new home in the jungle! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Luz en el Cielo Eco-B&B/Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-Bed And Breakfast/Hostel
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-b&b/ Hotel Montezuma