After finishing my month-long research project in Cartago, I thought it would be a shame if I didn't skip over to the ocean and play a little bit! I took a bus from the coca cola station in San Jose. The ride was long, about 6 hours, but is perfectly enjoyable if you have a book and like to look out the window. You also get a beautiful ferry ride across the Gulf of Nicoya. Luz en el cielo is a beautiful hostel, amongst the prettiest I viewed in my short stay in montezuma. The people were very kind and accommodating, I recall no ill will towards my mattress, and I was provided with free wifi! I recall having a great conversation with a Dutch girl on my last night and then relaxing in a hammock while listening to the frogs. But don't take the advice on that hill lightly! It's a beast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to the sounds of the jungle. Luz en el Cielo B&B/Hostel is located just out of Montezuma's town center. Montezuma is a small beach town with a huge heart and a lot of charm. This newly renovated, classy hostel is great for budget travels, families and couples. We currently have three dorm rooms in the main lodge, one dorm cabina with it's own balcony and bathroom, each equipped with new mattress, sheets and furnishings. We also have newly built private cabinas as of January 2012. Enjoy using our wireless internet, communal kitchen and lounge. Breakfast is included with every stay, as well as coffee all day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, HostelWorld and Agoda so you can book your Luz en el Cielo Eco-B&B/Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-b&b/ Hotel Montezuma
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-Bed And Breakfast/Hostel