Luz en el Cielo Eco-B&B/Hostel
Hotel El Jardin(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$62
  • Pool
Hotel Aurora(Montezuma)
$30
Sano Banano Beachside Hotel(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$50
The Howler Monkey Hotel(Cabuya)(Great Value!)
$70
Hotel Celaje(Cabuya)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Los Mangos(Montezuma)
$53
  • Pool
Hotel Amor de Mar(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$80
Luna Llena Hotel(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$29
Cabinas Mar y Cielo(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$199
All reviewscosta ricahowler monkeysevery morningplace to staysolo travellerbeautiful naturepura vidasmall towncommunal kitchenwi fithree nightsprivate roomhot waterdowntown montezumaview of the oceanmangodorm
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Best breaky I have ever had in a hostel! The hostel itself is in good condition and the beds aren't bad. The dorms are all sharing a ceiling so it can get noisy at night, but it is well run by friendly staff! It is up the hill so try avoiding arriving at night, or in the hear of the day!

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

I went by to check out the facility in late March. My sister was speaking with reception and there was a dog lying on a nearby bench. I gently leaned in to pet him/her and was bit on my hand and bleeding within seconds! I don't think that startled the dog since I approached very slowly, but something in that creature snapped. The guy at reception was horrified but useless. My sister had to ask him for some peroxide and bandaids. I ran to the kitchen to rinse my bleeding hand. All I remembered was fangs and a growl at me before I must've closed my eyes and screamed. The other people staying there was startled by what had happened but told me that there was a sign that says not to pet the dog. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??! You have a pit-bull who tends to bite people at a PUBLIC HOSTEL??! That's like making a sign to warn people to not board the sinking ship, but if it goes down. Oh well, your fault. You didnt see the sign. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. Irresponsible management.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Emstarzz
luzenelcielocr, Manager at Luz en el Cielo Eco-B&B/Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

We work so hard to make our hostel the way that it is. It always breaks my heart to get a review like this.

We are very sorry that Canela snapped at you. However, you didn't even stay with us, so to say, "never stay here", is not a fair statement. You were just passing by to see if one of your friends had left something from a previous stay, and disrespected us. We do have a sign, a very BIG sign warning, NOT TO PET THE DOG. She has been abused and we are doing or finest to take care of her and make sure that she does not become, "just another street dog in montezuma", and belongs to a loved home.

We are a private hostel, not a public space.We can not watch every person who comes in to the hostel to make sure that they know not to touch Canela, while sleeping, so we made a very big sign above her! (PLEASE NOTE: she is on a leash as well.)

The reason that everybody looked at you horrified when Canela, the dog snapped, is that you didn't even think before petting and strange, SLEEPING dog, with a sign right above her, stating not to touch.

Thank you for this comment. Canela no longer has a chance at Luz for the owner is kicking her out.

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

This comfy hostel with hammocks, very clean rooms and bathrooms, and a really outstanding breakfast was such good value for money (dam: 15 usd). The staff is also very friendly: they helped me booking my dorm in San Jose and called the hostel with their land line! To be recommended

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I just fell in love with this place! Because of the breakfast and lodge, it's easy to meet people. And it's a really short walk to the town and waterfall and other wonderful places. I stayed two nights longer and I was sad to leave after that. Breakfast is so good, the coffee is perfect.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

We really liked this hostel. The dorms were cool and quiet with mosquito nets on the doors and windows. The kitchen was good and breakfast were excellent. It's a bit of a way up the hill, but not too far away from town.

It is crazily expensive ($32 for 2 dorm beds, not even the luxury dorm), but it is a nice place to stay.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
luzenelcielocr, Owner at Luz en el Cielo Eco-B&B/Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback!

We do our very best to provide you with a clean, well equipped hostel. Our breakfast in the morning is what sets us apart from the other hostels in town. Just to clarify, our standard dorm room costs $15 per person per night.

Again, thank you for your feedback!! Happy traveling!