I stayed at Luz for a week and it was absolutely incredible. First of all, the staff is so insanely friendly and welcoming. You can feel free to kick it at the giant family style dining room table and get to know people from all over the world. The breakfast is incredible. Some hostels will set out a loaf of bread, a jar of peanut butter, and some cereal, but not at Luz. You're gonna get a real authentic tico breakfast. The dorm rooms are small, but you can feel free to leave your backpack outside the room door on the porch. Luz is 100% safe, and in the week I stayed there, everyone had respect for my personal property right down to the food I bought at the grocery store. You will definitely see some monkeys and GIANT iguanas. Canela(the owner's dog) is so cute, as long as your respect her space. (She was abused as a puppy.) The bathrooms are clean. The hammocks are a good place to kick it. Luz is a great place to chill. The walk to town is not bad at all. About a 5 minute walk to the beach. Sorry- this is the section where I rush to Luz's defense in response to the post below mine:
1.) Tucking a mosquito net under your body is how one typically uses a mosquito net.
2.) You are not going to find extremely warm water in Costa Rica ANYWHERE. Trust me, I've been here for 6 months and have not found any.
3.) The incense smells nice!!
I guess I am just trying to say: if you want to travel on a shoestring, you are going to get more than your money's worth at Luz. I made a lot of good people here, and I will definitely be back.
Remember to try the local beer!! It's expensive, but definitely worth it. Earthquake IPA!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to the sounds of the jungle. Luz en el Cielo B&B/Hostel is located just out of Montezuma's town center. Montezuma is a small beach town with a huge heart and a lot of charm. This newly renovated, classy hostel is great for budget travels, families and couples. We currently have three dorm rooms in the main lodge, one dorm cabina with it's own balcony and bathroom, each equipped with new mattress, sheets and furnishings. We also have newly built private cabinas as of January 2012. Enjoy using our wireless internet, communal kitchen and lounge. Breakfast is included with every stay, as well as coffee all day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, HostelWorld, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Luz en el Cielo Eco-B&B/Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-b&b/ Hotel Montezuma
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-Bed And Breakfast/Hostel