We booked this hostel at the last minute as we needed somewhere to stay when we travelled to Montezuma. If you didn't pack very light- forget it- it's about a 2km trek up a very steep hill (too close for cabs yet too far to walk). At the end of a long travel day this is the last thing I wanted to do. Once you see the sign for the hostel it's many steep steps up to the reception desk and then many more steps up to your room. I'm not a lazy person and am quite active yet it was still too much of an annoyance for me to bother with when there are many nicer places to stay down in the town on the strip. There is not actually wifi in the rooms unless you're in the dorm as I understand. The rooms themselves are very nice! looks like they have been newly renovated. Nice bathroom and shower yet no hot water- very cold in fact (tried to shower twice)! Also, the toilet didn't flush from the time we got there. Also, the mosquito nets are there but in order to keep the mosquitos away you need to tuck the net completely around you- and my friend and I both woke up with bites absolutely everywhere. It's not actually close to the beach... it's such a trek up and down the hill it's not even worth the trip down to the town. The breakfast in the morning was very good! Although masked by the nauseating incents burning in the reception area. They were helpful in booking tours however much of the info given to us was wrong (ie. tour was supposed to be a $100 deposit but when we got there it was actually $1000) and so on... for what we paid (70$) it was not worth the night's stay. I had assumed this hostel offered a/c (my fault for not double checking) but for that price there should be some sort of cooling device other than a fan when it takes that much effort just to get up to your room. By the time you get there you just feel sweaty and sticky. Not comfortable. Many better places actually near the beach for a lesser price and more amenities. Oh, and the receptionist was also very nice and polite!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to the sounds of the jungle. Luz en el Cielo B&B/Hostel is located just out of Montezuma's town center. Montezuma is a small beach town with a huge heart and a lot of charm. This newly renovated, classy hostel is great for budget travels, families and couples. We currently have three dorm rooms in the main lodge, one dorm cabina with it's own balcony and bathroom, each equipped with new mattress, sheets and furnishings. We also have newly built private cabinas as of January 2012. Enjoy using our wireless internet, communal kitchen and lounge. Breakfast is included with every stay, as well as coffee all day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, HostelWorld and Priceline so you can book your Luz en el Cielo Eco-B&B/Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-b&b/ Hotel Montezuma
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-Bed And Breakfast/Hostel