I stayed for 3 nights, 2 in the dorm and 1 in the cabina.
The dorms were basic. Nothing fancy, but definitely not the worst I've stayed in. Any problems there are more related to the fact your sharing a room with 5 strangers and don't reflect the amenities. The bathrooms were clean and are actually really pretty. The upstairs bathroom isn't for the modest guest because there's an un-curtained window. If you're showering a gardener or other guest may catch a peak of you.
The cabina is beautiful. The shower is gorgeous and even has hot water. The view is beautiful. Definitely recommend a stay if you can swing it.
Every member of the staff was super friendly and helpful. Sure it wasn't a very hotel-like atmosphere where they sit behind a desk all day- they actually build friendships with the guests. Though my reservations went without hiccups I did witness a few fumbles. The staff seemed to really go out of their way to make things right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to the sounds of the jungle. Luz en el Cielo B&B/Hostel is located just out of Montezuma's town center. This well-rated, classy hostel is great for solo travelers, families and couples. We currently have four dorm rooms, three private cabinas and a fully equipped house. Enjoy a communal kitchen, and lounge area available to all guests. A 100% bio-organic breakfast sourced from local farms in Costa Rica, is included for every guest, every morning! Come stay at your new home in the jungle! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Luz en el Cielo Eco-B&B/Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-b&b/ Hotel Montezuma
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-Bed And Breakfast/Hostel