I stayed at Luz en el Cielo for the past 4 days. Upon arrival I was greeted in the dark of the night by a warm light of the downstairs patio by lovely Erica. There were other guests sitting around enjoying the night warmth and ocean breeze (and sound the waves!) and light pleasant music was playing. Erica took me straight up to my room so I could put my bag down. She showed me all I needed to know about bathrooms, water, kitchen- very thorough run thorough. When back downstairs she offered me a beer locally brewed down the street.
My sleep was fine! It is a regular dorm room and it is cleaned daily. Everything is very clean- and no bugs really! Weird. .
Waking up to the terrifying sound of howler monkeys... I will miss it dearly. Monkeys all around in the afternoon!
WHAT A TREAT IN THE MORNING !! 8am I was asked by the lovely and very sweet cook if I'd like everything- I just said yes. A beautiful plate of gallo pinto, fresh pineapple and banana, seasoned scrambled eggs, bit of toast, and really good coffee (I am a coffee snob)
I really must say though, Erica was a sweetheart. She made me feel so welcome and taken care of and it was never an issue if you needed any kind of help. You can tell she loves her job.
The only reason I gave a 4 for service is because the gentlemen employed there really did give you the air that they don't really care to see you and act like somehow you are below them. When a guest had a question and asked one of the guys the guy didn't leave his hammock and said- I dunno ask bla bla downstairs but he's watching a tv show right now, so let him relax first and finish his show then u can ask". It was so unbelievable I was laughing out loud!
I live and breath service industry and that was quintessentially Erica. I didn't see the owner but once, but I could tell she was as sweet. Same for Kate! I didn't interact with her as much, but I can tell she is seasoned and makes you feel welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to the sounds of the jungle. Luz en el Cielo B&B/Hostel is located just out of Montezuma's town center. Montezuma is a small beach town with a huge heart and a lot of charm. This newly renovated, classy hostel is great for budget travels, families and couples. We currently have three dorm rooms in the main lodge, one dorm cabina with it's own balcony and bathroom, each equipped with new mattress, sheets and furnishings. We also have newly built private cabinas as of January 2012. Enjoy using our wireless internet, communal kitchen and lounge. Breakfast is included with every stay, as well as coffee all day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, HostelWorld, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Luz en el Cielo Eco-B&B/Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-Bed And Breakfast/Hostel
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-b&b/ Hotel Montezuma