All reviews howler monkeys place to stay private room hot water mango trees hill jungle town wildlife bugs porch
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My friend and I stayed at Luz en el Cielo for 5 days and had an amazing time! Abbie and the rest of the staff were so friendly and made us feel right at home. Every day was an adventure and the staff were more than willing to be our personal guides and show us the sights. They were extremely helpful with information about the area which made planning the rest of our trip easy and stress free. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone looking for a comfortable and relaxing time in Montezuma. They also serve a tasty breakfast!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This hostel rocks - I am in love with it. The staff are unreal and the place is surrounded by monkeys and the beauties of a jungle. I loved it so much I went back twice ! Great kitchen, breakfasts (included!!) and family dinners, and fantastic water pressure (with regards to other comments below)!! Hammocks to hang out in ensure that your day is set with a book and a beer, with tunes in the background. And, if you want some privacy, check out the private cabinas up top. Thanks to the Luz family for such an awesome time in Montezuma, I miss you! I highly recommend this hostel to anybody travelling through Montezuma.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Claire W
Reviewed August 18, 2012

As a college student traveling on a budget, it is always a huge relief to arrive at a hostel with clean sheets, running water, complimentary breakfast (delicious!) and a friendly staff. Luz en el Cielo had all of that, plus monkeys! It was like living in a treehouse - the hostel is immersed in the tropical jungle but is less than a minute walk down the path to the road and then maybe one or two minutes from there to the town and beach. The hammock on the second floor was a favorite spot, and while the howler monkeys woke me up both mornings I didn't mind at all - it felt so Costa Rican. The staff were all so friendly and fun, and we had awesome people staying in the hostel with us both nights. I wish we could have stayed longer! I felt like we got to know everyone there extremely well in the short time we were there so I can only imagine how much fun it would be to stay for a week or more. I definitely recommend this hostel and would come back anytime - it also seems like an incredibly fun place to work too! We love Luz en el Cielo!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I spent two months in Costa Rica and I have to say, Luz En El Cielo was the most memorable part of my trip. The hostel is in the jungle, and is only a four minute walk from the beach. Everyday we lived among monkeys, iguanas, birds, and all kinds of other really amazing wildlife. The staff were all so friendly and helpful, and breakfast was miles above any other hostel. It really is a gem and i would recommend it to anyone looking to get lost in the beauty and relaxation that is Luz En El Cielo.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have stayed in a LOT of different hostels all over the world and Luz was definitely among my top 4 favorite hostels. The hostel's location is excellent and is a beautiful, clean place to stay. The breakfast was the best I had at hostels during my stay in Costa Rica. There's plenty of space to do your own thing, chill in a hammock, etc. However, the best part about the stay at Luz was the Luz family. The staff there is absolutely amazing. Not only are they awesome people, but incredibly helpful and did everything to make me feel welcome. Luz is definitely the best place to stay in Montezuma (and Montezuma one of the best places to stay in CR).

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo