We were very excited to spend three nights in the dorm rooms in Luz en el Cielo while in Montezuma. I planned this trip with 5 other girls and everything seemed like it was going to be perfect. Luz told us we'd have our own room with our own bathroom. When we arrived they had split us up and neither room had its own bathroom. Additionally, we had other random people staying in each room. I have stayed in hostels before I know that sleeping in a room with other people is normal, however they did not inform us that this was what we were getting and our doors did not even have any locks on them. I woke up to see three people in a two person bunk and my friends in the other room awoke to a stray dog that had slipped in through the unlocked door. The breakfast was decent, probably the only good thing about our stay. To make matters worse, Montezuma was going through a drought. Completely understandable to be tight with water but Luz en el Cielo did not even have enough water for us to fill up water bottles, let alone shower. After spending all day on the beach, all you want to do is shower and I went through three days of attempting and failing to shower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to the sounds of the jungle. Luz en el Cielo B&B/Hostel is located just out of Montezuma's town center. Montezuma is a small beach town with a huge heart and a lot of charm. This newly renovated, classy hostel is great for budget travels, families and couples. We currently have three dorm rooms in the main lodge, one dorm cabina with it's own balcony and bathroom, each equipped with new mattress, sheets and furnishings. We also have newly built private cabinas as of January 2012. Enjoy using our wireless internet, communal kitchen and lounge. Breakfast is included with every stay, as well as coffee all day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and Booking.com so you can book your Luz en el Cielo Eco-B&B/Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-b&b/ Hotel Montezuma
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-Bed And Breakfast/Hostel