When arriving to LUZ for my second visit, i was greeted by a couple of the new friendly staff members who took my bags and got me a glass of water with ice, which was a perfect welcoming!! I then was welcomed by a few of the other guests who were staying there, which again was welcoming and made me feel comfortable. After a quick check-in one of the staff members carried my bag up to my bed, which i was nicely made and clean. They had me in the ocean room with four beds....there is another room with four beds and a additional one with six beds. After getting settled, i went back to the communal area where i made some food in there well organized kitchen and then ate while having some good conversation with the staff and guests. I have to mention how friendly the staff is and how interested they are in your story and your travels and how they are ready for any question.
I was planning on staying for just a couple nites but ended up staying for a week. The town of montezuma is small but i had a blast on tours and the party nites with everyone at LUZ. Also i liked the location, how it was a couple minutes from town because it limited all the town noises and had more jungle noises with the occasional tico motorcycle zooming by. Another thing i wanted to add is the safety....they have a security guard and there is only one entrance. Although they didn't have lockers yet made, they do have a safe you can put your really valuable things in...which i believe is safer then lockers. Also it was nice that they will do your laundry for like 3000 colones, dry it and fold it!! Not to mention waking up, getting my cup of free coffee and getting served a perfect breakfast! This was the first hostel i stayed in that did that, sooo cool!! LUZ is a perfect spot for laying in the hammock and watching the monkeys crawl right over you in the trees. Keep up the great work Abbie and the rest of the LUZ crew!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to the sounds of the jungle. Luz en el Cielo B&B/Hostel is located just out of Montezuma's town center. Montezuma is a small beach town with a huge heart and a lot of charm. This newly renovated, classy hostel is great for budget travels, families and couples. We currently have three dorm rooms in the main lodge, one dorm cabina with it's own balcony and bathroom, each equipped with new mattress, sheets and furnishings. We also have newly built private cabinas as of January 2012. Enjoy using our wireless internet, communal kitchen and lounge. Breakfast is included with every stay, as well as coffee all day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Luz en el Cielo Eco-B&B/Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-Bed And Breakfast/Hostel
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-b&b/ Hotel Montezuma