I had intened to stay in Montezuma for only 2 or 3 days. I ended up there for 5. I think credit for that is mostly due to the AMAZING staff of Luz En El Cielo. The owner, Abby is so kind, and so Adorable. Her, along with the three main employees, Thomas, Ron and François were so much fun and so welcoming. I almost instantly felt like part of there little crew. All really down to earth people. They are all very professional but once the lights go out they will probably join you for fun times in town. and i cant forget to mention Juan, the security guard, who tried to help me practice my spanish. so sweat. There is a lot of deck space but the way it is set up is cosy enough that you quickly get to know fello travelers. It is $15 per day, which is about $3 more than the average hostel...BUT TOTALLY WORTH IT, if only for the free coffee...ALL DAY! and they make it good and strong unlike most hostels with there conservative, coffee flavored water. And i must mention the free breakfast. Every morning they served us delicious Gallo Pinto and some sort of fresh fruit. Once again...so worth the extra 3 bucks. And the location is perfect! its tucked just far enough into the trees that that you get to be right in the middle of so much wild life.! My first day there i saw like...30 of those little monkeys with the white around there faces at the same time. On several occasions i saw a group of maybe 10 howeler monkeys. Countless iguanas out on the road as well as those really pretty crabs that come off the mountain when it rains. Quails and geckos and so much more. It was what i would have imagined costa rica to be like. its not like that everywhere. It up on a hill so its a little more private but only about a 3 minute walk into the tiny town of Montezuma. It was super clean...including the kitchen and the showers! clean hostel showers are hard to find. the staff there is also eager to help you in any way they can which makes adventures, tours and future destinations much easyer. they booked by shuttle for me and everything. I wouldnt be suprised if i ended up back at this hostel at least one more time before i leave centeral america. It was a very memorable part of my adventure. Once again...Luz en el Cielo is the ONLY hostel in Montezuma that you need to know about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to the sounds of the jungle. Luz en el Cielo B&B/Hostel is located just out of Montezuma's town center. Montezuma is a small beach town with a huge heart and a lot of charm. This newly renovated, classy hostel is great for budget travels, families and couples. We currently have three dorm rooms in the main lodge, one dorm cabina with it's own balcony and bathroom, each equipped with new mattress, sheets and furnishings. We also have newly built private cabinas as of January 2012. Enjoy using our wireless internet, communal kitchen and lounge. Breakfast is included with every stay, as well as coffee all day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, HostelWorld and Odigeo so you can book your Luz en el Cielo Eco-B&B/Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-b&b/ Hotel Montezuma
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-Bed And Breakfast/Hostel