See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 24, 2016

The hotel is located right in the middle of the activity. The village is very small but don't neglect the noise you can get. The hotel is located just few meter from the bar and at around 10Pm they crank the music very loud so that you believe that your room is in the bar.... We stay there for 3 nights. The room is OK we had no AC and it was like a bread stove during night. Our room was located on the from facing the street with nice view but more noisy...

First night (friday) we realized that it was so loud in our room that we though if we can not fight it better to joint it. We went to the bar and learn it was going until 2am...
Next night Saturday we were expecting to be able to sleep early but again at 10 PM the bar start there music loud. As we were trying to rest (rest since sleep was not possible even with ears plug) then I hear tam tam that was even more loudly. After a while I decide to look by the window to see what was going on and discovered that about 200 peoples were in by circle in the street just under our window room, A Girl was hip dancing and others were dancing with fire stick and holahop in fire. So we look the spectacle on our balcony as a premium spot. That was incredibly spectacular bur again stop around 2 am.

On the Sunday I ask to be relocated in another room not facing the street but they said they had no room available for that. They owner confirm us that the bar would be again closing at 2am but music should be quiet. That was true but around guess what? A mobile disco was located in the street just above our window plug in the outlet of the hotel second floor. The owner's son was part of the organisation... That was extremely loud with stobe lights.

For me this hotel was a pain in the ... because not able to sleep...

The beach at Montezuma is with boulder rock and only some spot are safe to swing. Playa grande which is located 30 minutes walk to the east is very nice virgin beach; no rock and fantastic to swing. Playa grande is very long, very deep and virgin as Manual Antonio or Cahuita National Park

Room tip: Ask the room close to kitchen they are located in another building that is more isolated to noise.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2016 via mobile

Pros: cheap, big rooms, central location, private parking and view on main street plus sea from balcony.
Cons: noisy because of bars, our bathroom smelled really bad after using the shower (room 30).
The town itself is really cosy with nice restaurants. Bars later on the evening are not impressive. Beach around the corner is lovely, bring some drinks with you and enjoy

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2016

Stayed here for two nights whilst in Montezuma. The location is good as not far from the beach but the evenings and night was really loud as located next to a bar. We requested a portable stove so we could cook as the room doesn't come with one fitted. Wifi is also unavailable in the rooms directly opposite the reception.
The staff were nice and helpful however it was really overpriced for what it was, and was outdated and could have been cleaner. Great location but make sure you have earplugs if you stay here.

Date of stay: March 2016
Reviewed February 25, 2016 via mobile

This hotel is straight at the beach and is split in 2 buildings. I think directly above the reception are some rooms and in the building in the other side of the street. My room was in the building next door.

Simple room with one bed, bathroom and a Ventilator. Staff was nice and very helpful when i had a question. The kitchen was so so....some guests didn t clean up after themself, so the staff had to clean it.

Sadly that i stayed there in the weekend because the bar "chicco s" next door made Party all night.
And what was worse than that (for me) is that other guests were hanging out in Front of the house entrance and were making Noise(loudly talking and screaming) all night long. Not taking care if someone might be asleep already.

But if you like to have some party anyway then you might not bother.

Date of stay: February 2016
Reviewed January 28, 2016 via mobile

According to the other reviews maybe I got lucky? I believe I had room #9 and it was great! It was so close to the ocean that the sounds allowed me to have the deepest sleep of my trip to date. The beds were very comfy, the cleaning staff was very friendly and the room was extremely spacious. It was $40 for a room with two double beds, very affordable. They have a kitchen avaliable for guests as well as a water filtration system - for the price and for beach front it was perfect. And the cockroaches in the shower are cute ;)

Date of stay: January 2016