“Marwin cares about his horses” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Pinto Horseback Riding Expeditions

El Pinto Horseback Riding Expeditions
More attraction details
Owner description: El Pinto Expeditions offers daily specialized private horseback rides,overnight moon rides and stays at our farm near Montezuma. The horses are family to us, so we love and take good care of them. They are well suited to trail riding, and we care very much about matching people with the right horse. Our speciality is beginner to intermediate level. Marvin gives instructions on techniques for safety & comfort for both the rider & the horse.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Delicias
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Marwin cares about his horses”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

The last review only shows what a good guy he is, Marwin. The horses comes first, not the money and those are the people that you should like to support. That happened the day of the earthquake, 7.6, when one of his horses got hurt and he needed to wait for a veterinarian. Who like to go horseback riding then??? Well obviesly someone who do not care about horses. There are others to go with so why did Rosie not go with them??? Maybe because most things where closed after the earthquake, whitch is understandable for most people. Sorry to see that some people are so selfish. He is just the best to go with and to see his relation with his horses. I go with him every time I come to costa rica and I always will.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Ammi M

Texas
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Marvin and his horses are excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

The first time I saw Marvin ride into town on his horse with his slouch hat, long hair, long boots and machete, I wondered If I was in the right century. He is an experienced horseman and tour guide having worked in other parts of Costa Rica and British Columbia as well. He hooked each of us up with a horse best suited to our skills before we set out. Since we went in rainy season, we traveled over beach sand, mud, rocks, up hills and down hills. He coached us on how to handle the horses through each of these challenges. He also shared stories about the local wildlife. I had heard that the El Pinto tours were the best, I can now understand why Marvin and his horses have such excellent ratings. Marvin shared with me that many tourists are concerned about whether or the snakes were poisonous. He said "They should be more concerned about the bugs than the snakes" and proceeded showing me the damage done to his horses by a stink bug that emits a caustic substance burning small areas on the horse.

Visited August 2012
Brooklyn, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“WEAR PROPER CLOTHING”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

It was super fun and the horses and guide were great. We were ill-prepared with our clothing though. Wear sunscreen, pants and real shoes!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank eslfoster
Montezuma, Costa Rica
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Horseback riding in the surf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This horseback ride was amazing! Marvin, the tour guide and horse owner, does an amazing job accommodating your skill at riding and showing you the landscape. He knows his horses like children and has a good way of matching horse and rider. The scenery is breathtaking, and the rugged hike on foot is much more enjoyable on horseback. Marvin even brought water for everyone and a fresh, ripe pineapple in his saddlebag. The he even carries an actual machete which serves as both brush pruner and pineapple slicer. Best of all, Marvin accommodated my intermediate riding level by allowing me to canter freely down long stretches of beach. My mount, Nisa, was happy to work with me and run.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Erika S
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Most fun day in Costa Rica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had so much fun learning (clumsily) to ride horses with Marvin. He was patient, funny, and he takes good care of his horses. Thank you, Marvin, for a great day that we will never forget!

Visited July 2012