“Just another waterfalls”
Review of Montezuma Falls

Montezuma Falls
Ranked #1 of 26 things to do in Montezuma
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

The Beach is beautiful but i guess this is the main attraction of Montezuma. Do not expect too much as this is not the sooo impressing waterfalls u can see but it's worth the hike. It's 20mins hike from the main road. You just trek the side of the river from the bridge. Dont forget to use hiking shoes.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,087)

Reviewed May 30, 2013

you can reach "cementario" only during low tied. if you do not want to get wet go back in due time. around the island is the snorchel area, go there when the sun is shining and the sea is calm.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Carlos was our affable guide. I don't think we could have made it safely to the top without him.. He lives in Cabuya, but his grandfather runs the parking lot at the base of the trail, so if you ask him, he will get Carlos there to guide you. We hiked all the way to the top and did some swimming. I would do it again in a hearbeat. I can't imagine anyone making the trip to Montezuma without doing the falls.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

as it is only a short walk from town it's a worthwhile side trip but don't expect too much. The place was packed with locals when we were there. The water was cool and refreshing but it was just another waterfall.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I hiked the trail with my daughter who was almost four at the time. We could not have found the way without the help of a friendly guide named Carlos, who helped us across the rough spots, even carrying my daughter on his back much of the way. She loved it!