“Coolest place to hang out on a hot day”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Montezuma Falls

Montezuma Falls
Ranked #1 of 25 things to do in Montezuma
Madison, WI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Coolest place to hang out on a hot day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Well worth the hike, your parents may not want to know the risks you took diving into the pools from the rocks above, but you'll be glad if you do it!

Visited March 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Mount Pleasant
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“How is this only the 5th best thing to do here? To me its the only thing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

There is a way to not do as much hiking, read towards the bottom. But I start with saying the fastest way is a real hike, but so worth it. I have to admit there is some dangerous hiking you have to do if you wish to see all 3 waterfalls, but many people I was with wore sandals and still managed to climb up to the top, we had people of all shapes and sizes, but we're in college so maybe more fit than an older person. However, there looked to be a couple in there 60s at the top, but they may have taken the back way. I knew the way because of my friends. They said follow the road the bus station is on, and after the bridge take a right and go up the river and you cant miss it. If you are not a hiker, you can still manage to see all of them, you will just have to walk to the first one as described above, and then hike back, to the start, and continue up the road about 15min. You may want to ask a local to show you. If you only want to swim in the pools that is an option, there won't be much hiking or climbing involved There is a rope swing at the 3rd pool, with a 5-10 ft drop into a pool or you can just climb in. The 2nd waterfall is about 40ft tall, and I recommend a jump, but keep your feet together and pointed down. The first pool has a rock you can jump from about 10ft up. and a cool pool to swim in. In all pools I recommend wearing shoes that you can walk on rocks with and swim in. This place is a must visit! I wouldn't be surprised if someone buys the access points and charges to go on their land so go there while its free

Visited March 2013
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Was a great place to visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Was a short but nice walk up to the second falls, were really happy we visited and enjoyed swimming and watching others jump off the cliffs. Totally enjoyed our visit.

Napa, California
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We traveled up a trail past the primary waterfall and above it. There are three waterfalls, the upper most is about 4 meters, then the second is about 12 meters, and the bottom about 14 meters.

We swam, jumped off the 12 meter waterfall, and had a blast with the rope swings etc.

Connecticut
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Pretty Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

My friend and I hiked in to the falls from town. It was a pretty easy hike with a few spots that were a bit treacherous, but otherwise, no big deal. I would make sure to have shoes that you can fasten on, NOT flip-flops, though! Our husbands, however, chose to make the hike DOWN to the waterfalls from Auga Vista, all the way UP the big hill in town. I understand that the hike down to the falls from above is quite treacherous and shouldn't be attempted by anyone who is less than fit or fearful of heights! Once we all met up at the falls, we swam for an hour or so and were treated to a cliff diving show by some local boys.