WINNER WONDERLAND

Costa Rica Color
Ranked #12 of 24 things to do in Montezuma
Richmond, VA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“He has left Montezuma:(”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

My understanding is he is no longer in Montezuma. There is an interesting cemetery in Isla Cabuya that you can photograph during low tide

4 Thank AmeighRichmondVA

Dallas, Texas
“INCREDIBLE PHOTO TOUR!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2010

Thank you John. I use what you have showed me. I have many nice pics. People who want to learn how to take great pics I recommend taking one of John's photo tours. The beaches tour is a good way to see the area.

2 Thank GGFF1_10
Earth, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A must do for the photography enthusiast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2010

John is a top knotch guy who exudes passion in what he does. He is an amazing photographer and teacher and even my husband who was just tagging along really enjoyed the day! John is very flexible, which makes for a great day and his wife (who I had the pleasure of meeting and is just as special) is a fantastic cook, which makes for a delicious lunch! :)

The nature reserve we visited had it all: Great hiking trails, Interesting landscapes, Great beach, and TONS of intersting compositions. I loved it! I was breaking in my Canon 5D Mark II and John was a great help *even though he's a Nikon user - Ekk! ;)*

He was very accommodating for the second half of the day when we'd had enough of nature and wanted to see some different landscapes. He took us to "Secret Beach" (shhhhhh!) where I captured some AMAZING sunset photos. It was truly a special place.

All in all, I would highly recommend this trip to anyone interested in photography and seeing areas around Montezuma and Mal Pais. John was very professional (and fun!) and always offering his input in such a way it was instructive, but not too critical.

Awesome, awesome, awesome.... :)

5 Thank SunnyInSanPedro
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Tour! Great teacher!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2010

Jon was a great guide; above and beyond my expectations. He was very accommodating and made sure we had everything we needed (including a brief stop at a pharmacy during our tour). He spoke with us at length when we made our appointment; checking what we wanted from our photography tour & lessons; he helped us get the most out of our experience. The photos we took are among my favorites from our trip to Costa Rica and the lessons he taught us stayed with me and continue to help as my skills progress.

2 Thank edensgrief
Linz
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Tour Ever!!! Highly Recommend!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2010

While in Costa Rica for our honeymoon, this was by far the best thing we decided to do! If you want to take great pics and be able to get home and show your friends and say you took them, then this is perfect for you!! None of my friends believe me when they see my pics. John really knows how to teach and makes it possible for you to learn all about photography in an easy and laid back atmosphere. He brought us to a white sand beach that was so beautiful and we would have never known about it if it wasn't for him. Thanks John!!

2 Thank kenisken