“I wish I discovered it before my last day!”
Review of Puggo's

Puggo's
Ranked #5 of 39 Restaurants in Montezuma
Cuisines: Israeli, International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Puggo's Restuarant is located just off the beach in the small town of Montezuma. The owner is a world traveler who has found her home in Costa Rica. Her menu and its flavours are a direct reflection of her life experiences. From the fresh local fish to the slow cooked osobuco and moussaka, you can taste the love she has for her food. She uses a range of ingredients, from local organic chocolate to spices she brings directly from her home country of Israel. Puggo's also has a fresh sushi bar which specializes in a range of asian inspired dishes using locally caught fish and prepared right in front of your eyes. The atomsphere is friendly and relaxed and the multilingual staff is happy to recommend not only their favourite dishes but beaches as well! .
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Stayed in Montezuma for 3 nights, near by at Hotel Aurora. I happened to read the menu of this restaurant on the walk home from the waterfalls late one afternoon. We had previously eaten dinner around the corner at the well-known Playas de las Artistas, which was a disappointment. I wish I had found Puggo's earlier because this was definitely my best meal of my whole 10 days in Costa Rica. Don't get me wrong... I could eat a casado at a local soda every day and be happy, but it's nice to treat yourself to something fresh and unique after awhile. This place hit the spot. Great service, we got some insider tips for activities from our server, and the owner was friendly and checked in also. They serve amazing complimentary fresh baked bread and the meals were perfectly portioned and DELICIOUS. I am kicking myself for not going here more. Definitely go to PUGGO'S!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We wandered there on our first night in Montezuma and went there every night of our vacation (except on Tuesday since they were closed) hee hee hee... The ambiance was cozy and warm... The staff was awesome! Fell in love with our little chef, Maya :) And the Sushi chef was awesome! We tried mostly everything on the menu and adore it all :) Drinks were fantastic as well!!! Thank you Puggo's crew for taking such good care of us :) Hope to see you guys in New York sometime :) Love & Sparkles... Mel & Ty

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Pros: The waiter was very helpful, friendly, and upbeat; I asked about the menu and he described the perfect option to fit my tastes and it was great. The Oso Bucco was fantastic, the best I have had yet! The side items were unique and tasted great as well. The floor is a carpet laid on the ground which I like and there are several candles/lighting arrangements throughout that have a nice glow to the place.

Cons: None! I only wish I had discovered this place sooner into my stay so I could have returned to try more of their items on the menu!

You have to try this place!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Eating at Puggo's was consistently the best meal I could have in Montezuma! I had the pleasure of getting to know everyone member of their staff and shared in many delicious meals after hours with them including Sushi, Incredible Kabobs, some of the freshest fish Ive ever eaten, and outstanding craft beer. I would recommend Puggo’s to all traveling through Montezuma!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Nice place, with lots of seating and decorative design. Staff were attentive and never waiting for service if you need anything.

We had the hummus to start which was plentiful but bland.
The main course of fish was much better, looks great on the plate and tastes just as good.

Also worth having the smoothies, a lot of which have interesting ingredients which work well together.

Only reason it is not 5 star review is the price. Expensive for what it is but still very nice food and drinks.