“Great find in Montezuma!”
Review of Puggo's

Puggo's
Ranked #4 of 40 Restaurants in Montezuma
Cuisines: Israeli, International
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Puggo's Restuarant is located just off the beach in the small town of Montezuma. The owner is a world traveler who has found her home in Costa Rica. Her menu and its flavours are a direct reflection of her life experiences. From the fresh local fish to the slow cooked osobuco and moussaka, you can taste the love she has for her food. She uses a range of ingredients, from local organic chocolate to spices she brings directly from her home country of Israel. Puggo's also has a fresh sushi bar which specializes in a range of asian inspired dishes using locally caught fish and prepared right in front of your eyes. The atomsphere is friendly and relaxed and the multilingual staff is happy to recommend not only their favourite dishes but beaches as well! .
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I recently stayed in Montezuma (Nov. 13-16, 2013) for a week and had food on my last night to celebrate my friend's birthdate. I only wished I knew about this place before, because I would have eaten here every night. The food is amazing, the atmosphere great and the owner super nice. The The focaccia bread served with our dinner is so good. I had the Kebab stuffed with Goat Cheese, very filling. They also have a craft beer menu from a brewery nearby and is a good selection and the Turkish Coffee, excellent end to any meal.

Maya, thanks for meeting us; keep the good vibe and food coming! Espero disfrutes Puerto Rico si decides visitar la isla. Saludos!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We recently stayed in Montezuma for a week and had food here more than anywhere else, offers excellent value considering the quality on offer. The Mahi Mahi and Tuna dishes were excellent as was the Sushi we tried.

The free focaccia bread which serves as a nice starter is a nice touch as you seem very rarely get anything like that elsewhere in Costa Rica.

The fish stew and meatballs were probably not to the same standard as the other meals we had.

They also serve up there own crafted beer, but be warned there are no prices on the beer menu and its 3000 colones a beer which can put a serious dent in you wallet if try all six.....

Definitely our fav spot in Montezuma and in our opinion better than the highly regarded Playa de los Artistas and TIERRA Y FUEGO.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We arrived for dinner with our 2 kids. Staff is very friendly, atmosphere is pleasant and the food was tasty, with a large variety of dishes, from hummus to sushi. Highly recommend !!!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Travelling in Montezuma, I did not know where to go. We were traveling with friends and had a very large party (celebrating a friends birthday). We walked into Puggos and they were very accommodating, allowing us to take two tables very close to each other. Once we sat down we were greeted instantly with great service. The menu and choices were incredible including amazing apps and fantastic sushi recipes.

I personally ordered the beef carpacio and the half order of veggie roll (sushi). Both were incredible. The beef carpacio is probably the best appetizer I have ever had, and that includes many times in Toronto, New York as well as other European countries. The sushi roll was also exquisite, I was lucky enough to only be able to roll a half order (5 rolls). I also must admit the ginger tasted unreal.

I have since been back and ordered the Montezuma Roll (Mahi Mahi, Starfruit, cucumber, wrapped with seaweed and rice). This unique mix is possibly some of the best sushi I have ever had.

Overall, my time at Puggos was a very positive experience. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone. Hopefully you are lucky enough to have Jacky or Etche as your waiter.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Great meals at Puggo's while in Montezuma. Their dishes range from exotic to comfort food and everything we ate was fabulous. The presentation is beautiful the veggies were fresh and a great craft brew beer selection. I recommend them highly. If you are in Montezuma don't miss Puggos. They are only open for Dinner.

1  Thank Evan C