“Ate there every night”

Ranked #5 of 39 Restaurants in Montezuma
Cuisines: Israeli, International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Puggo's Restuarant is located just off the beach in the small town of Montezuma. The owner is a world traveler who has found her home in Costa Rica. Her menu and its flavours are a direct reflection of her life experiences. From the fresh local fish to the slow cooked osobuco and moussaka, you can taste the love she has for her food. She uses a range of ingredients, from local organic chocolate to spices she brings directly from her home country of Israel. Puggo's also has a fresh sushi bar which specializes in a range of asian inspired dishes using locally caught fish and prepared right in front of your eyes. The atomsphere is friendly and relaxed and the multilingual staff is happy to recommend not only their favourite dishes but beaches as well! .
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We fell in love with the food at Puggo's - ate there every night (and always ate way too much) while we were in Montezuma. Everything was delish but the hummus with beef was something I had to try and recreate at home. Not that many restaurants I would rate in Costa Rica as excellent. Puggo's was the one.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Great atmosphere! Great food! Husband and I went there several times during our 10 day stay in Montezuma. No complaints at all. Owner was wonderful, prices were great and we cannot say enough about her delicious food. And yes, as others have said, she makes a great lemonade, we actually had it with basil instead of mint and we liked it more. Got to try it!!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

This restaurant was very good and I enjoyed their veggie offerings. They have a mint lemonade that I've been trying to imitate since I got back. It's the most refreshing thing ever! Definitely worth a try.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

It has to be said that I love Puggo's. I have been eating there consistently for 2 years now. The rumors are true about the foccacia. It's the reason I am there I think. I feel in love with it at first bite. The vibe is chill, the people are friendly and you can watch Montezuma pass by. It also must be said that the artwork is beautiful and a daily inspiration! In short - just go there!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had the stir fried with chicken and the whole fish in herbs. The s.f was amazing! The fish was just ok. Had a problem finding a fish meal for a big guy for less than 14$. The home made bread and it's sauce deserve the rep they got (crazy good)! Great place if you don't mind spending the $.