“Taste of Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Anamaya Resort & Retreat Center

We can't find prices for this hotel
Anamaya Resort & Retreat Center
You added Anamaya Resort & Retreat Center to your Saves list
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Montezuma
“Taste of Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

When my shuttle turned into Anamaya resort, and I first saw the view of this place, I was in awe. I couldn't believe I would be staying at such a beautiful place for the next seven days of my yoga retreat. Every corner of this resort is well thought-out and beautifully designed. As soon as I entered this resort, I didn't have to try too hard to be in the moment. I was so grateful and happy to be there and enjoyed every little moment. I can still close my eyes and remember the sound of geckos in the ceilings, the howling monkeys in the distance, and the sound of waves crashing below, feeling the gentle ocean breeze while reading a book in the hammock. I also really appreciated the organic, healthy meals and snacks. (5pm smoothies are the BEST) they produce at their own farms! And if you're worried this is too healthy, we were allowed to bring in our own alcoholic drinks as well, so you're free to have fun! I also met many awesome people who were in the same retreat as me. The cabinas are beautiful and very clean. I can just go on and on about this place but I think it's best for you to go check it out for yourself.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Rosa P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I stayed in the Temple room for a week. It was an amazing week. The food was fantastic and everything was made by the chefs (many ingredients grown on their property). The grounds are beautiful and well kept. The staff went out of their way to meet any request made and made it seem like anything is easy to accommodate. I called it my week of "yes". Anything I asked or requested or wanted to do was met with an yes. The rooms were well kept, travel arrangements back to the airport with made for me pairing me with people leaving at the same time. There was tons of things available to do (options available everyday) from zip lining to surfing and much more. It was also nice to sit by the pool or go to the nearby beach to relax.

I would love to go back again. The locals in Montezuma were very friendly and helpful as well.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank summer771
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The reviews speak for themselves but the Yoga Retreat experience at Anamaya is hard to describe with words and pictures. You just have to experience it for yourself to understand what it means.

Rooms: I stayed in PRANA, amazing room, cozy with a gorgeous ocean view, a rocking chair and a hammock on my balcony. Would be hard to leave the room if the main house wasn't as beautiful. Room was very close to the main house.

Place: Amazing! that's all i can say, the location is remote in a small village where everyone becomes famous after visiting town just twice. The retreat is located on top of a hill overviewing the ocean where the yoga classes took place every morning and evening.

People: The staff are Amazing, from the cooks to the help to the therapists. i know i'm saying amazing a lot but i can't find a synonym to substitute the word. they are friendly, attentive and aim at attending to your needs before you actually request for anything. One of the owners came and spent few days with us, she ate with us took Yoga classes with us and experienced our experiences in a very down to earth way, which was a very nice touch. The Yoga instructor was also a very nice and good.

There are plenty of activities to engage with, you feel like you want to do everything and a week is too short. the connections you make there are unbelievable. For example they have the same amount of chairs at the dinner tables as the amount of people attending the retreat, this means you don't feel lonely, alone, left out or shy from the second you walk in. it feels like you walked into a place where you make immediate friends. Some people did two weeks and said that it's totally depending on your luck with the group you end up with but to my luck it seems our group gelled well. If you do need to be alone and spend some time reflecting, writing or reading also it's the best place to be.

The food was out of this world, they said they were making a cook book and they should. The taste, variety and presentation was 5 stars if not more. and the deserts... oh my!

Overall, like i said, it's hard to put it in words, we were all in tears on the last day, it's a very emotional experience. I made friends whom i travelled with to other countries after i left the retreat and we now visit each other in our relevant countries. We all left refreshed, highly energetic and ready to conquer the world :) Pura Vida at its finest!!

4 Thank nancydagher
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I went to an Anamaya Yoga retreat in November of 2013, by myself. It's not so easy to describe how wonderful and transformative this place is. There were 30 of us from all across the world. Not many places you can stay and enter as 30 strangers and leave a week later as family. The property, location, staff, food, yoga experience, accomodations, programs and options, are all one can ever ask for. Anamaya was obviously created for the soul, spirit and real connections seekers looking for a deep, meaningful and truly transformative experiences.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Keith H
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I just returned from paradise..Anamaya! I can't even begin to express the joy it was to teach such amazing people from all over the world. I will cherish this memory forever in my heart and thank you to the amazing staff at Anamaya for making my stay so incredible.
As soon as you walk into the main house, you feel the connection with nature and you feel pure bliss. The views are absolutely incredible, that the pictures do not do it any justice! This was my second time here and it def won't be my last. Hope to be back very soon!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JMMS_13
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

What a delightful, charming place. The view, with an infinity pool perched on a cliff overlooking the ocean, will take your breath away. For this mostly-vegetarian, the meals were a treat - fresh, delicious, beautiful to look at, plentiful. Staff was friendly and accomodating. I thoroughly enjoyed the twice-daily yoga classes with guest teacher April, with howler monkeys and iguanas observing us nearby. I made it my mission to try out every one of the dozen or so hammocks scattered throughout the resort, each offering a unique view of the forest and ocean. I was there to celebrate my birthday, and the staff made it special with a silky avocado brithday cake. I would come back in a heartbeat.

4 Thank Basia_2010
Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Anamaya is one of those places which would bless you with memories you'll cary with you throughout your life. You'll meet great people, make friends for life and have adventures. Its up to you what you do. Anamaya is just there to help you help yourself. It is a kind of place that can help you find what you are looking for, if you let it.
So, chose your destination and go, if you accept everyone you meet as a teacher then the truth will not be withheld from you.

Namaste,
Best of luck to you on your journey...
Denis