Anamaya Resort & Retreat Center
Hotel El Jardin(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$62
  • Pool
Hotel Casitas Sollevante(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$99
Hotel Aurora(Montezuma)
$60
$30
Hotel Casacolores(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$80
The Howler Monkey Hotel(Cabuya)(Great Value!)
$70
Hotel Celaje(Cabuya)(Great Value!)
$60
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Amor de Mar(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$80
Luna Llena Hotel(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$29
$239
$210
All reviewsyoga deckinfinity poolyoga teacher trainingzip liningother gueststhe main housechef jeffoutdoor bathroomcircus performancecosta ricadaily yogamagical placeamazing yogathe sun risemaster suitehorseback ridinglife changing experience
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband chose Anamaya for the surfing and I tagged along for the yoga. I was a bit hesitant as I haven't done yoga in years, but the teachers were amazing, encouraging and knowledgeable. I felt challenged by the twice a day yoga and poses, but never discouraged. We slept in the Lotus room and were very pleased with the ocean view and facilities. I have to say the staff were very professional and caring. My husband caught a cold on the plane and Nela took my husband to the clinic where they gave him medicine, a B12 shot and he was fine. The food was absolutely amazing too. I have some sensitivities to food so traveling and dining out can be challenging, but at Anamaya everything was prepared with care and love so I did not worry about them forgetting that I don't eat gluten. Everything was so healthy that my husband dropped a pant size. We also enjoyed eating meals with everyone at Anamaya. It made our trip richer to be with like-minded travelers whether or not they were couples or single people. I also loooved the waterfall hike, but I love climbing. You have to go zip-lining too! And this is coming from someone who just wanted to sit by the pool and read! The energy at Anamay is contagious! Overall, I can't say enough nice things about this fantastic place! I have a girlfriend who plans to travel to Anamaya in the next month and I long to join her. We'll be back one day and hope this Costa Rica gem hasn't changed. Namaste.

Room Tip: We were in the Lotus room and very happy. We didn't have an outdoor shower, but that was alright with us. The Bali room was another room that looked fantastic. The Jungle room seemed intimate and cozy even though it didn't have an ocean view. We didn't spend too much time in our room as the infinity pool and main house were so convenient and inviting.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Courtney L
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Just spent a week at Anamaya and it was incredible. The rooms were gorgeous with beautiful decorations and really comfortable beds. The staff was incredibly warm and attentive - they worked above and beyond to make it feel like home. And the food was out of this world - really four star restaurant quality. They found a way to make very healthy food incredible tasty and flavorful. I wish I could have taken home several loaves of bread they made for breakfast (a different loaf each morning). Lia was a great yoga teacher - I would recommend taking an aerial silk class with her on the beach. It was incredible week and one that I will never forget!

Room Tip: I would highly recommend the Hanuman room. it's a new room not listed on the website yet but it's spacious and lovely. Outdoor bathoom and balcony and easily one of the best rooms on the property.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maria C
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We did not stay at this hotel but went every day to use the far infrared sauna and it was great! By far, the best views from any far infraed sauna in the world...where else can you watch monkeys swinging in the trees and views of the sea while sitting inside the sauna?! Thank you for sharing a slice of your paradise with us!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Did a one month yoga teacher training at Anamaya and I couldn't imagine a better experience. Yes there were some problems that we encountered (naturally as you would expect living in the jungle) but the owners did everything they could to make us comfortable and happy. The views are amazing. The environment is peaceful and quiet and the perfect setting to recharge and escape. Absolutely amazing. Cooks were accommodating.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Tmingi
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Anamaya Resort is the ideal place to learn to teach yoga! The seaside jungle hilltop location is full of vibrant energy and the beautiful accommodations are in perfect harmony with the setting.The wonderful staff and owner are kind, helpful and make you feel at home. After a month of living there, it's hard to say good bye. For all-inclusive intensive trainings, you can't find a better value. I hope to go back for a retreat someday and bring my husband!

FYI: the walk up the hill from town takes time and effort (you may want to budget some cab fare) but waking up to the view is worth it!! The internet signal can be weak sometimes, so you may want to bring a hot spot or just plan to enjoy some time unplugged. Buy a sarong in town and use it as a cover up/beach towel...genius. Avoid packing more than you can comfortably carry...many of the houses are down winding stairs (plus you'll feel silly when everyone just has a backpack and you've got that plus a giant rolly bag haha:) and it's only a small fee for laundry service. Shopping prices in Montezuma are reflective of a large percentage of US and European tourists and it's expected to haggle. The best deals are: hammocks, coffee, jewelry and surf lessons at Playa Grande!

Room Tip: I stayed in Gaia house in late November/early December and was fine without air-conditioning but that was my experience (nights were cooler than I expected). I strongly recommend one of the houses down the winding stairs that face the ocean. You wake up to the most incredible sunrises!!! (and howler monkeys:)
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo