Hotel El Jardin(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$62
  • Pool
$84
Hotel Mariposario Montezuma Gardens(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$50
Hotel Aurora(Montezuma)
$44
$30
Hotel Casacolores(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$70
$199
Sano Banano Beachside Hotel(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$50
Hotel Celaje(Cabuya)(Great Value!)
$60
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Amor de Mar(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$70
Luna Llena Hotel(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$29
$25
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 21, 2016 via mobile

Montezuma Heights was a great find for me! And exactly what I was looking for on my vacation to Montezuma. I stayed in the Gekko cabin and it had everything I needed. Clean, private patio with an ocean view, hammock, steps from the pool and the amazing view of ocean. It was exactly what I was looking for! In addition, Peter, Natalie and Rocio were great hosts, very social and helpful with any questions or needs I had.

If you do stay at Montezuma Heights, I do recommend a car/quad as to get such a view, it's quite a ways up the hill. With that said, if you have a car or quad it's probably only a 5-10 minute ride to Montezuma and the beaches.

Definitely highly recommended!

Stayed: July 2016
873PeterK873, Owner at Montezuma Heights, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2016

Thanks a lot, we do appreciate it, was a pleasure having you with us. Hope seeing you back.
Peter and Rocio

Reviewed May 16, 2016 via mobile

We booked the cabin and had an adventure. We had the most stunning view and captured amazing sunrises and sunsets.
We could hear the monkeys way off in the distance and had friendly visitors ( not monkeys)
The cabin was quaint/ rustic and homely . Thank you Peter Rocio and Loonar ( the dog).
We ended up so chilled

Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2015

This was my second trip to stay in the Colibri cabin, which is a fantastic treehouse retreat from my normal busy, suburban life back home. After visiting in 2014, I decided I had to go return for a second year. Between the time to relax, the proximity of town making your stay more secluded, and the million dollar view, you are sure to have a relaxing time. Since last year, Peter has made great improvements in the cabins. As far as Colibri, there is a brand new refrigerator with a lot of space and new art. He showed me the new cabin (Geco) and also he made an outdoor tub for Mariposa. I was impressed. While I was there in 2014, he was working on finishing the pool, which I used in 2015. The pool and view is amazing! Peter, Rocio, and Natalie are very accommodating and fantastic hosts, as usual. I was glad for the opportunity to return spend time in the cabin as well as with the Kahl family. They are always up for great conversation and laughs.
You should stay in Colibri (or Peter’s other cabins) if you are looking for a place that is less commercial, more remote, and unique!

Room Tip: Colibri is great for the adventurous type, Marioposa for a romantic getaway, and Geco if you're passing through and need a great place for a few nights.
  • Stayed: January 2015, traveled solo
873PeterK873, Owner at Montezuma Heights, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2015

Like the last time, it is a great pleasure hosting you, we do appreciate your coming back and always be happy having you again.
Big hugs
Peter, Rocio and Natalie

Reviewed February 22, 2015

nice location.
the owners weren't at home, but they were very helpful when we contact them by email.
really nice views and pool, and the small porch we had breakfast is really nice.
there were a few not so good points: the shower was cold (not a big problem because still nice and refreshing) ; the wirelesses internet didn't work, so we couldn't use the net to look for some information we needed. and we stay in similar places in Costa Rica less price but with breakfast included. Also for us the worse was the bed, to small (we are small people) and on the corner of the room, that mean all the ants were going up the wall to the bed through the mosquito net and biting us.
We recommended the place, but better if you staying longer and use it like a rest point where you have everything organize and not a stay and go place.

Stayed: February 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VitorHR

If people don't tell us and write about issues after they leave, is like a German saying : "to eat an apple with a worm and then complain to the farmer about the meaty taste", this is not fair play .
We always willing to help to make people staying as comfortable as possible. For that communications between us is necessary. Life in the tropics has the beauty of nature and their inner components with it, some people cope better than others when being in nature. Nevertheless, rarely we have issues about insects encounter.

Reviewed February 18, 2015

I cannot say enough about how much my husband and I loved this place! We are typically city dwellers who vacation in metropolitan areas but after a stressful year, we were looking for the ultimate get away from it all vacation outside of our normal city route. We found it and had the most wonderful time! Peter and his family are excellent hosts and were so helpful in making reservations for us, rides into town and just being overall great communicators. The view is breathtaking and you will spend every night just sitting on the lounge chairs looking at the stars- it seemed to me that the Colibri Cabin had the best open deck plan for this- but all the cabins have a view! We hired a driver from the Tambor Airport to take us there- highly recommend that- he knew exactly where he was going- all of the roads in this part of Costa Rica are practically non existent - so no road signs really anywhere! The fridge and small kitchen are enough to prepare necessities - although the food in town was not actually that expensive at the restaurants whereas the grocery store was so it was easier to actually eat in town most of the time. The cabin is located up the hill from Montezuma - this was perfect for us as the town was heavily populated by a lot of backpackers, so we liked being able to retreat to our little Oasis... It can be walked - although very steep and with the heat, it was much easier to take a taxi - it ends of being about $10 one way which was incredibly worth it for us. The taxi drivers are also incredibly punctual and accommodating so we would just ask one to pick us up the following morning and they were always there....The property is so beautiful and everything just felt so incredibly authentic and made with love. It was so relaxing and could not have asked for a better spot!

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled as a couple
873PeterK873, Owner at Montezuma Heights, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2015

Thanks for the nice review,
it was a pleasure having you with us. Any time you need another retreat please visit us again.We would be really pleased.
All the best, big hugs