“Great experience”

SunTrails Montezuma Waterfall Canopy Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: WATERFALLS ZIP LINE TOURS The canopy consists of a series of 9 cables, 13 platforms that are suspended high above the forest floor. While on the canopy tour you will see a number of plants and animals unique to Costa Rica, possibly including howler and white-faced monkeys, parrots, iguanas and much more. During the tour we stop at the famous waterfalls where you can take pictures and go for a swim in the pools carved by the cascading waters. After that we´ll stop in Montezuma, so you can have some time to shop and look around.
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I did this with my 10 year old and my 6 y/o (who are somewhat adventurous). We had a terrific time. The kids loved it so much they demanded doing ziplines later in the trip with a different company in Vulcan region. The guides were great, bilingual and they went with my 6 y/o when she didn't want to go alone. As the previous reviews said, a great part of this zipline trip is the swim half way through at the montezuma waterfalls. There are some fun 10-15 foot jumps off rocks you can do and also a rope swing. Beautiful, fun and refreshing.
This was a highlight of the trip for my kids (and admittedly for me too :))

William M, Manager at SunTrails Montezuma Waterfall Canopy Tour, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thanks a lot
William

Reviewed March 31, 2013

A group of four of us went zip-lining through SunTrails and had an excellent time. Myself and one other member of our group have ziplined before and, unfortunately, Montezuma is not as spectacular in terms of views as other places we have been. Nevertheless, SunTrails makes the most of it what they have (don't get me wrong - its still beautiful) and the staff makes it fun as well as safe. Plus, just over halfway you stop to take a dip in the river/waterfall and this is a blast (be prepared for a small hike back to the canopy)! A family member bought us the photo disc as a gift and we loved it! Lots of cool action pics and videos. I would definitely recommend this if you're staying in or around Montezuma!

Thanks a lot
William

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is an adventure that I highly recommend you take when in Costa Rica. The staff here was AMAZING. They are all pretty young kids but they know what they are doing and you feel very safe. The waterfall at the end was so fun. We were allowed an hour to swim and jump off the cliffs and swing on the ropes to our hearts delight. We saw some monkeys and beautiful birds. The price was very reasonable and I suggest getting the DVD that they add at the end for an extra $20 US dollars. Everyone that is on the tour will be on the DVD but that is OK as you get to watch yourself taking a trip down the lines and then jumping off the waterfalls or playing in the water. What a great adventure!!!!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Zip lining is fun, no matter what. But stopping half-way and swimming in the river is a fabulous bonus. The river opens into pools and waterfalls, and provides the perfect spot to cool down and be a kid. The guides were friendly and capable, and a photographer followed along so we got great shots of ourselves. This was way fun.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Zip lining is a must in Montezuma, what a fun experience!! The guides were fabulous, they make you feel safe from the start and they are fun! I was a little nervous for the first zip line, so a guide went on my first run with me. After that I felt confident to go on my own. You always have the ability to control how fast you go. There was a lady in our group who just couldn't get over her fear and the guides did a great job of calming her nerves, they accompanied her on her runs when she needed them.
There are 9 total zip lines and halfway through you stop at the waterfalls for a swim. Bring your swim suit, the water is so refreshing! Some of the climbs to the zip lines are a workout, but don't let that deter you, it's worth it! The views from the zip lines are amazing. We also heard and saw howler monkeys. There is a photo guy that captures pictures and videos for you, you can purchase the CD for $20 at the end. We were short on cash, so he agreed to meet us in town later that evening so we could purchase the CD. Now that's great customer service! They also give your bottled water at the end of your tour, which was much needed.

William M, Owner at SunTrails Montezuma Waterfall Canopy Tour, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thanks for your feedback, we try to improve every day so that the customer is happy
Thanks