“Great Choice!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Montezuma Pacific Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montezuma
Montezuma Pacific Hotel
Ranked #6 of 17 Montezuma B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Great Choice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2011

My boyfriend and I arrived in Montezuma with no reservations so after walking around, sweating with our backpacks and seeing less than ideal sleeping conditions, we were needless to say - thrilled to find Pacific Montezuma! Located a stones throw from the beach and the center of town (basically all of two streets) - we couldn't believe how lucky we were. We had a private bathroom, good size room, A/C, a safe for $40 a night. It was one of the best places we stayed the whole trip. Service was very good, the place was very clean (didn't see any bugs) and the staff was very friendly. I enjoyed the free coffee in the morning as I read on the balcony waiting for my boyfriend to wake up. It was great to have a place so close to everything (although in Montezuma it's hard to find anything that isn't close), clean, and very affordable. This place offered the most for the best price with the cleanest and nicest rooms we found in Montezuma. Highly recommend!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SarahAq12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Hebrew first
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2011

We arrived in Montezuma not having booked anywhere. When we turned up to Pacific, Carlos, the manager (owner too I believe?) was very kind and showed us a nice room with AC and hot water! What a deal for us who've been on a long travel with no AC! The room had 2 double beds, and no real charm or character, but was sparkling clean, had a mini fridge, cable tv and Wi-Fi. The wi-fi was down, and Carlos spent a couple of hours trying to fix it for us, it was greatly appreciated as we updated our friends and family daily on this long trip of ours.
We were also able to book through him for our shuttle to go to Arenal after, and he gave us a good price on that, not like other place where you fell youre getting ripped off... A down fall is that he prefers you paying cash because he pays no credit card fees...Great value for the price, and free coffee in the morning. There's no hangout place in the hotel, as the town is the hangout, so backpackers travelling solo and looking to meet people, Pacific might not be for you. But for couple, friends travelling together or even family, this is perfect. Short walk to the beach and to the lovely restaurant Cocolores....

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Veronique1985
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2010

I stayed at the Montezuma Pacific Hotel for several days in April. I got the place because it had A/C and wireless internet. The A/C stopped working in the first room I was put in within an hour of moving all my stuff in. The owner was a very nice man and moved me to another room where the A/C did work when he found that the first A/C was blowing warm air. After moving my stuff to the next room, I sat down in a chair at the table to rest! The chair snapped in two! I was sprawled out in the floor--kind of a funny site. I turned on my computer to watch a movie and couldn't quite hear over the drilling of the wall next door. The place is under major construction. The wireless internet never worked although it was supposed to--the owner gave me the cord from his modem and I sat upstairs to use the internet--which was nice of him. I left my room and on several occasions my key wouldn't work as the door lock was messed up. A guy had to come help me get it open. The last night I spent listening to mice scratching around in the ceiling and awoke to concrete bits on my bed that had fallen off of the ceiling. The people at the hotel were very nice, but I would not recommend staying here until all the construction is finished. There are better deals in town that offer A/C with no problems if that is what you are after. A bonus to this place is that it does have a fridge and they give you clean towels every day. Five minutes walk to the beach as well. Overall, I don't think I got my money's worth for my stay here.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Somerset England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2010

We stayed 6 nights in Montezuma although we hadn't originally planned to visit the Nicoya Penninsula. It is a simple hotel very well run and clean. Our enormous room had 2 double beds, 2 bathrooms, table and chairs, air con and a fridge. What more could you want? There was a communal balcony with table, chairs and sofas. Beware of the monkeys in the tree outside - one stole a banana that I put on the table for breakfast! They are lovely to watch and we also saw what looked like a racoon (but wasn't) whilst sitting outside the hotel one evening. The breakfast is simple and there is unlimited tea and coffee until midday. We also stayed one night at the Sano Banano which was expensive, no ventilation and the window looked out on the staircase which meant that the curtains had to be closed all the time. No bedside table but the breakfast in the garden was nice (should be for $75).

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank easytraveller1
Pasadena, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2009

An older but well maintained hotel, suitable for budget-minded travelers. Clean room, A/C, and safe. 100 meters to the ocean. Bargain priced @ $35.00 per night. Free coffee & tea.
Day & night security. Free parking. I have stayed in other Montezuma hotels but this is the one I'd return to. Spent 2 nights -- Quiet!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo