Montezuma Pacific Hotel
Hotel El Jardin(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$62
  • Pool
Hotel Casitas Sollevante(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$99
Hotel Aurora(Montezuma)
$60
$30
Hotel Casacolores(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$80
The Howler Monkey Hotel(Cabuya)(Great Value!)
$70
Hotel Celaje(Cabuya)(Great Value!)
$60
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Amor de Mar(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$80
Luna Llena Hotel(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$29
Priceline
$239
$210
All reviewsthe ownergreat locationin townfree tea and coffeeair conditioninghotel pacificohis friendsgreat manthe perfect place to staysan jose
Reviewed December 23, 2012

The location of this hotel is definitely a plus. Room came with a very good air conditioner, fridge, TV, VERY comfy mattresses, and a private bathroom with a rainfall shower.

But the best part by far is the owner. He was so friendly and helpful! He made sure everything was ok every day, cleaned the room without us asking, was super easy going with pretty much any of our requests (blanket, towels, extra guest, etc.).

Compared to the other places in town this place seemed like a steal (keeping in mind that in high season everywhere is going to be expensive). I'd recommend this to anyone who stays in beautiful Momtezuma!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank NFCanada
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We found this hotel randomly, late at night! What a great unexpected surprise: very clean place, hot water, air conditioning, a fridge in your room, a KITCHEN that you can use, a very cute balcony where you can read or eat and the sweetest owner in town! Carlos really care about his guests and their safety. The beach is really close and you are just far enough from the town "noise". Enjoy your stay there!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The hotel manager Carlos made our stay extra special! Never have we ever met such a wonderful, helpful man, who clearly loves his guests! Our room was huge, had two double beds to choose from, safety box, full-size fridge, and AC. No bugs and everything was really clean. Maybe not the latest fashion, but surely more than you can ask for, for a price a lot less than the neighboring hotel. But as said, the owner was the best; he went the extra mile to arrange our bus tickets, and he even let us use their kitchen, which came in handy as the prices of Montezuma are not the cheapest. Highly recommended!
Muchísimas gracias a Carlos, y saludos desde Nicaragua! ;)

Room Tip: The owner will show you several rooms if there is space, so you can choose the one you like the best.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Be sure to ask for the second floor- the room at the end... half the jungle was on that tree (in Sept/Oct). The shower head was cleaned as soon as we asked.... and he even gave us 10min with his laptop for file transfering!
great manager.
well worth the $$ (which in comparison was cheap).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Great price and location and it includes air conditioning, a refrigerator in your room (which has private bathrooms), a safe in the room, and some shared balconies (and one private one). And now they have wireless internet (although I don't know if it's accessible from ALL the rooms, you might have to go up on the balcony). Also, they also have free tea and coffee in the morning in the lobby.

It's less than a small city block to get to the downtown and another block to the small beach and not much more to the big beach. I'm exaggerating when I say "downtown", it's about two blocks of stores, shops, restaurants, 2 grocery stores, internet cafes and an ATM (that only has money in it half the time).

This is a small Costa Rican hotel, around 15 rooms. Not all rooms have the same, I know some rooms (downstairs?) have TVs but I don't think those rooms have access to the shared balconies after 10 pm. Tourists from all over the world stay here, during the holidays the Costa Ricans stay here. FYI, all Costa Ricans seem to migrate to the ocean towns the week before Easter and the week before Christmas (and some the week after).

My 5 stars are based on value and customer service, not luxury. I usually find other people in town who are paying more for places without air conditioning, hot water or have shared bathrooms, several have moved on my recommendation and none have complained. The staff keeps an eye out (safety-wise) and is very friendly. There is free parking on the street right in front of the hotel and along the side side street (I've parked in both locations).

One downside is that since they have A/C, some of the rooms really aren't set up to open the windows. But that's okay, I'm outside all day and they have the balconies to sit outside in the evening.

While Montezuma is small it does have a busy area and while this hotel "downtown" it is NOT in the busy area. But it's still less than a 5 minute walk to either beach. A few of the hotels say they're in Montezuma, but they are UP the hill this one is still in the immediate vicinity between / next to the church and park. I wish I could describe this better. It's on the other side of the "city park" and the church.

The staff is great! If you need someone who speaks English when you call, ask for Carlos and if they don't put him on the line just call them back (I still don't speak very much Spanish)

You can generally take your laundry down to the desk in the morning and have it done that day (very affordable). Speaking of the staff, one time I was there I sent some laundry down and it was in my room when I came back (here's the important part) with a $20 bill on top of the pile of laundry that I must have left in one of the pockets!

I've stayed here on my own multiple times, with with friends, girlfriend and even my Mom...

I finally talked my mother into coming to Costa Rica and this is where we stayed for (5 nights) most of the trip! How's that for a recommendation?!? Some of the photos my mother took that got the most compliments on were taken from the balcony facing the church.

Montezuma is near the ocean, the big waterfalls, Cabo Blanco Absolute Natural Reserve and on most(?) Saturdays there is a farmers marker (food and crafts) in the park right across the street.

[This is my fourth revision to my initial review here. I've been back several times since (and I had already stayed there a few times when I wrote my first review). ]

Room Tip: Room Tip: Rooms upstairs have easy 24 hour access to shared balconies. But I think the downstairs rooms are bigger (and I think that's where the TVs are).
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo