“Music” 4 of 5 bubbles

Organico
Ranked #21 of 36 Restaurants in Montezuma
Cuisines: Costa Rican, Italian, Bar, South American
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Craving a chic atmosphere with high quality healthy food and locally grown fresh organic fruit smoothies? Well, then Organico is the place for you! Settled in the heart of Montezuma, you can sip on anything from espresso to mango, papaya & avocado ice cream shakes.Here you can find vegan, vegetarian and gluten free options along with your typical Costa Rican dishes. The newly owned Organico is currently the only restaurant in Montezuma center with Italian chefs who’s influence has attracted many. Come and enjoy Montezuma with a taste of homemade gelato (vegan friendly) bread and cakes, cappuccino, the special pancake, ceviche, or a simple casado with secret and natural ingredients. Natural products are available for sale: coconut oil, carao, spirulina, different natural herbs and much more! Organico also provides yoga and a “book exchange” corner. Last but not least, the new Organico created the one and only Live Music project in Montezuma! Every Monday has “open mic” where anyone can play, and each day you can find eclectic bands and art expressions! Organico is a slow life community, Pura Vida are welcome! From de-light to the night!Breakfast, lunch, dinner, easy and healthy food, natural products, bakery, homemade bread, homemade cheese, LIVE MUSIC!, wi fi, book exchange, homemade gelato, smoothies, shakes, cappuccino & espresso italiano... ... ... the original in Montezuma!(Organico is waiting for the change of ALL the informations on other website and books. We yet did the requests, just wait for the answers - the place is ALSO but ont ONLY vegan. Thank you for choosing us)
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Music”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

I went one night when I saw they had music playing. I got a gelato shake and it was ok. The guacamole was great. I think the service could have been improved but it was very busy because of the musical guests, so I cannot judge my experience with any other night of the week.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank marrrrrrrk

Victoria, Canada
“Best Vegetarian Lasagna”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

Organico has the best vegetarian lasagna I have ever had! So so so good. I visited on a night with live reggae music and the atmosphere of the cafe was so calming, funky, and beautiful. My experience showed service being slow in the evenings... but somehow the food and scene made up for that.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Gariele B
London, Canada
“Is it supposed to be cool to have really bad service???”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

We had heard good things about this restaurant, particularly the live music and we were looking forward to a night out. Unfortunately we missed open mic night and there was nothing else going on the night we were there or all week for that matter. Thought that was odd for high season.

In any event when we finally did get service we learned that they don't sell beer so we order a couple of really expensive smoothies with a shot of vodka in them. Ended up being close to $25 for two drinks. And we had to wait another 20 minutes for the cheque.

We get the whole organic vibe but for those who don't enjoy wine perhaps they could add some craft beers to the menu? Or maybe I don't get the whole organic thing and that's why I was so anhoyed at the ultra slow service.

The whole experience was a pain in the butt...lol

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tracy C
Santa Teresa, Costa Rica
“Not up to the hype”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

My wife and I went to Organico this afternoon, and we left severely disappointed. I understand the place has recently changed hands, and I guess it needs some time to work things out.

The milkshakes were $7, yes $7. And they were not good, I ordered a cup of coffee milkshake, which promised espresso, cacao, cashew and carob, which sounds amazing, and the taste itself wasn't bad, but it wasn't thick, or even cold. The temperature outside was well over 30 degrees Celsius, and my shake was warm.

My wife ordered a Strawberry Letter, and it was dreadful. The cafe claims they make their shakes with home made gelato, which sounds amazing, however, it wasn't. My wife used to make gleato and I know what the real stuff tastes like.

To their credit, the lasanga did look decent, but things were very overpriced, and as one reviewer mentioned previously, I don't mind paying for an expensive meal, but it had better be worth it.

We ordered a guacamole starter, it was maybe two tablespoons of guac with store bought chips, very bland with no garlic, lemon or even salt.

The service was decent, food mediocre at best, and prices were way off the charts. Thankfully we had enough time to go somewhere else.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Halifax, Canada
“Loved the food and music!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

We really enjoyed the reggae music and shared the seafood/meat dish for two. Good wine and great service! Best guacamole ever!

• Visited February 2014