“Do your self a favor, skip it”
Review of Organico

Organico
Ranked #20 of 38 Restaurants in Montezuma
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Craving a chic atmosphere with high quality healthy food and locally grown fresh organic fruit smoothies? Well, then Organico is the place for you! Settled in the heart of Montezuma, you can sip on anything from espresso to mango, papaya & avocado ice cream shakes.Here you can find vegan, vegetarian and gluten free options along with your typical Costa Rican dishes. The newly owned Organico is currently the only restaurant in Montezuma center with Italian chefs who’s influence has attracted many. Come and enjoy Montezuma with a taste of homemade gelato (vegan friendly) bread and cakes, cappuccino, the special pancake, ceviche, or a simple casado with secret and natural ingredients. Natural products are available for sale: coconut oil, carao, spirulina, different natural herbs and much more! Organico also provides yoga and a “book exchange” corner. Last but not least, the new Organico created the one and only Live Music project in Montezuma! Every Monday has “open mic” where anyone can play, and each day you can find eclectic bands and art expressions! Organico is a slow life community, Pura Vida are welcome! From de-light to the night!Breakfast, lunch, dinner, easy and healthy food, natural products, bakery, homemade bread, homemade cheese, LIVE MUSIC!, wi fi, book exchange, homemade gelato, smoothies, shakes, cappuccino & espresso italiano... ... ... the original in Montezuma!(Organico is waiting for the change of ALL the informations on other website and books. We yet did the requests, just wait for the answers - the place is ALSO but ont ONLY vegan. Thank you for choosing us)
Los Angeles, California
“Do your self a favor, skip it”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

There wasn't a person at our table of 5 that was impressed by the flimsy dinner. Unlike all the other restaurants we enjoyed in Montezuma, nothing was particularly flavorful or creative and the staff wasn't friendly, nor accommodating. It also took a long time before we saw a waiter--when we finally got service, it was of the exasperated variety. The hummus was more garlic than chickpea and the crudite were flimsy and tasted like they had been in the fridge too long.
That said, I'm a loyal reviewer and I am seldom disheartened enough to write anything negative. I often give an extra star, even when I'm disappointed, as I don't want to discourage people from visiting a place where I may have had an irregular experience. In fact, I have criticized other TripAdvisor reviewers for complaining with slight reason, who fall short of backing it up. I sincerely hope that other travelers have a more positive experience, should they choose to risk it!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank AshWolf

Germany
“hmmmm”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Try their salads! A bit out of the ordinary but very casual. I had the Tropical Salad, looked as nice as it tasted. Delicious! Friendly service.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank LovetotravelGermany
“Exactly what we wanted.”
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

We had been in Costa Rica for about three weeks and we're looking for a certain type of place. This was exactly what it was. Great food, friendly staff, and a wonderful open-mic night.

Our waiter was super cool and just an all around good dude.

I had a wonderful rice dish with shrimp on it that was cooked perfectly and my girlfriend had a chicken salad that was also wonderful. We followed it up with some great homemade ice cream. They don't serve beer there but the waiter said we could go to the market and buy some and bring it back. This is how all restaurants should run.

3 Thank NotAnotherRobert
“The complete opposite of amazing.”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Not much to say here, just a few facts.

- it was about 25 minutes before we got ANY service. I know it gets tough if it's understaffed or the place is packed. neither of these were the case.

- it took another 15 minutes to just get our drinks. the girl working that afternoon really didn't seem to care if we were there or for how long. we had to track her down to get any attention.

- it took another 25 minutes to get our food. pretty ridiculous when all I ordered was basically shredded vegetables on toast.

- not sure how you mess up vegetable shreds on toast but they managed to. the toast was cold and old. even when I abandoned the "toast" the rest of the sandwich was still inedible. couldn't stomach it. shredded veggies.....

So, over an hour of waiting, awful service, and an unbelievably bad "sandwich," I would not recommend Organico to anyone. Especially with Playa de Los Artistas down the block. Hopefully Organico was just having a bad day.

2 Thank stuartacampbell
Columbus, Ohio
“Delicious gelato!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I had the dark chocolate gelato and it was SOOO good!! Organico quickly became the favorite treat getaway for all the girls in my yoga training:).

Visited November 2012