“Birthday meal” 5 of 5 stars

Behind Hotel Pargo Feliz, Montezuma, Costa Rica
2642-0348
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Montezuma
Cuisines: Seafood, Central American, Costa Rican, Italian, International, South American
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Open for lunch 12:00-4:00pmHappy hour 4:00-6:00pmDinner 6:00-10:00pmAbierto almuerzo 12:00-4:00pmHappy Hour 4:00-6:00pmCena 6:00:10:00pm
London, United Kingdom
“Birthday meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

I'm so glad I chose to eat my birthday dinner at this place! It's not cheap (but then nothing in Montezuma is) but worth every penny. I thoroughly enjoyed everything my husband and I ordered, from the cocktails and local craft beers to the ceviche and my main course, which was mahi mahi with mashed potatoes, if I remember right (slightly hazy memory).
I really liked the laid back, open air atmosphere close to the beach.
The staff was super friendly and the waiters kept wishing me happy birthday, which was sweet.

• Visited February 2014

• Hebrew first
Manhattan, Kansas
“Wow! We really enjoyed their food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

We had a late lunch at Cocolores one afternoon while in Montezuma, and just chose a restaurant randomly...and we did make an excellent choice! We enjoyed a couple beers and ordered the fish with garlic, and the coconut fish curry. The garlic fish was very good, not over-cooked, and a very large fillet; and my friend's curry was outstanding (we shared)! The sides were good as well. After our beers, and the excellent meal we were both a little tired and the ride back to our hotel was sounding long, so we ordered their black coffee with cream. Again, absolutely excellent, and we were perky enough to make it back happy, awake and full for our siesta. After reading another review or 2, I can understand how someone would want to eat there several times a week.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Selkirk, Canada
“Amazing quality and value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We were amazed at the care taken to offer generous portions , interesting combinations and, above all, delicious food. Service was prompt and courteous in a welcoming ambiance.

Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“delicious food and great beers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We ate lunch here yesterday, what a find! The bruscheta was perfection, a Lebanese salad with smoked fish was delicious and the ceviche was to die for. All washed down with a couple of locally brewed beers. The Redhead beer was the best. Best food in montezuma, worth every penny.

Visited February 2014
Encinitas, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can not get a bad meal here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We ate here 5 or 6 times in our 2 week trip. Could not find anything on the menu that was not amazing. Max does a great job and is very talented.

Thank you for taking such good care of us. We miss you guys :)

• Visited January 2014