“Great Food, Great Service, Perfect!!”
Review of Cocolores

Cocolores
Ranked #4 of 43 Restaurants in Montezuma
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Open for lunch 12:00pm 3:00pmDinner 5:00pm-10:00pmAbierto almuerzo 12:00pm-3:00pmCena 5:00pm:10:00pm
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Great place with a view to match.

Not many people have mentioned this but the one thing that makes this place stand out is it's service. In addition to the staff, the hours of operation were great. We found a lot of places in Montezuma that offered upscale meals and a good drink selection were either only open until 4 pm or only open on friday and saturday. I still have to eat the rest of the days!

This place was so good that we went back several times to try different menu items. The servers were great and the owner came out and talked to us several times to see how everything was. One meal we even brought our own drinks at which the owner got us fresh glasses with ice.

The bartender was able to make items off the menu for us and even put a requested sports game on the small flat screen at the bar since we were missing our home team.

Overall perfect atmosphere just off the main street of Montezuma with great service and delicious food, highly recommended!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I would recommend Cocolores to couples passing through Montezuma. It's a bit high priced compared to other options in the area, but the ambiance could be worth it if you are traveling with your significant other. Open air, candlelit, and a great ocean view. It made me think about girlfriends lost, and the reasons we had went our separate ways. I ate here alone. The place was packed with couples, and I could hear the chitter chatter of love. It made me feel a bit nostalgic, but that might have been what I needed. Is this review turning into some emo journal entry....maybe! I had the Mahi Mahi and although it was great, I couldn't seem to eat it fast enough and get the heck outta there!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I'm so pleased we went for dinner at Cocolores on our first night in Montezuma as it meant we could go back again. Delicious a variety of food on offer but I'd really recommend the fish/prawns and curry & coconut sauce. We also had amazing puddings. The owner is really friendly and happy to chat. Lovely atmosphere and I'd imagine you can see the sea though we only went there in the evening. YUM!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Right on the beach with a breeze it was a laid back and relaxed atmosphere. Nice wait staff and not a long wait for the food. Some veggie options their curry was very good with very fresh veggies. Price was moderate to low it was a good deal but bring cash because no credit cards accepted. I ate dinner there and would recommend it. I think it would be nice for lunch since it is right on the beach.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Don't let the higher prices scare you off initially, the food here is great and the portions are generous. I ate here twice while in Montezuma and I thoroughly enjoyed both meals. The grilled squid was awesome (literally is just 5 whole grilled squids on your plate along with all the other stuff) and the chicken fajitas was the best thing I ate in Montezuma. The outdoor atmosphere is nice and the staff is fun and friendly.