“Burritos are pretty good”
Review of The Bakery Cafe

The Bakery Cafe
Ranked #17 of 40 Restaurants in Montezuma
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I had a chicken burrito for lunch one day and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I did not get a chance to eat there any other time during my trip but I should have! I sat by the mural of the monkeys on the wall.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

On a Saturday afternoon we placed the order and then waited and waited until we found out that the cook left the house. The same evening the place was close. Did they reopened?

Reviewed March 25, 2014

The food is good too. Reasonably priced, friendly staff. Great place to hide out in the afternoon heat- it's surrounded by trees that shade the patio from the heat. The Urraca birds are good entertainment.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Like most of Costa Rica food is not important - just a way to fill you up and get as much money from you as possible. Like most places it was ok! But so what! A million tourist are right behind you - get out of the way!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We ate at the Bakery Cafe two mornings on our recent trip to Zuma and would have returned for a third had they not been closed on Sundays. We hadn't even gotten 1/4 of the way through our first meal when our kids asked if we could come back the next day. Simple yet delicious food in a cool setting, often with monkey sightings right from the table!