“Great food!”

Cuisines: Costa Rican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

We had our breakfast here one morning and the pancakes were delicious! Our waitress was very friendly and made us feel very welcome! Would definitely return here again!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I enjoyed my lunch casado very much while I was here, but honestly, watching the monkeys and a local pizote was the highlight. Seriously amazing to view animals so close-up. It was super neat. The owner and his son were very friendly and we enjoyed asking them questions about the visiting animals.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We mostly cooked in our house, but we came here TWICE because the food is so spectacular! Home made Empanadas. Mmmmmm. Perfectly cooked and seasoned Mahi Mahi. They make everything, including their own bread and cookies and cakes. Perfect!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We had to go back here a second time both for the good food and because I didn't have my camera the first time to take photos of all the animals. There were lots of monkeys jumping around in the trees around the cafe plus birds, iguanas and squirrels. The owner was very friendly and we had nice meals both times. Especially the indian meal for 2 and the juices. Service was a little slow but we were happy just to watch the monkeys while we waited.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I recently spent 4 mornings in Montezuma and went here on 3 out of the 4. The food is good, relatively simple and inexpensive, and there is also a large selection of juices and smoothie drinks that are delicious. One of the novelties of this place is that the monkeys and birds hang around hoping to get your food. My girlfriend thinks this is cute, however the attention from the animals is fairly oppressive and I did not find it very cute. That being said, guard your food closely and don't be alarmed if a bird lands on your table, just shoo it away.