“Good, inexpensive coffee” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Bakery Cafe
Ranked #11 of 36 Restaurants in Montezuma
Cuisines: Cafe, Central American, Costa Rican
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Carrboro, NC
“Good, inexpensive coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

There were so many choices to eat in Montezuma that we only had coffee here, but it was very good and very reasonable. The menu looked like it had good vegan choices as well. We did see capuchin monkeys here our first night in Montezuma.

• Visited June 2012

Riverside, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great location but Pricey!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

One pancake is 6dollars.. french toast is the same and u get like 5 small hunks or french toast.. you cant get like a typical breakfast combo u have to buy everything separate and it gets expensive quick. BUT the location is awesome! A lot of people said they saw monkeys there I just was not so lucky to see one! I did see some cool birds tho. As an experience eating here was cool but the price and flavor wasnt compatable..

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Good Batidos and Baked Goods!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

We had been driving our quad from Mal Pais to Montezuma to do some shopping and were getting a little hungry in the mid afternoon. So we asked a local woman selling jewelry where we could get the best batido (fresh fruit smoothie) in town. She pointed to the local bakery. So that is where we went. My husband's mouth started watering as soon as he saw the case of baked goods. He set his eyes on a piece of chocolate pie - it was his as soon as he saw it. My daughter and I both just got plain crossaints - these were ok - as I think they heated them in the microwave, which probably would have been better if they hadn't done this. My husband loved his piece of pie. I had a pineapple batido, my daughter had a mango one and my husband had a chocolate banana one. They were all very delicious!

• Visited June 2012
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Nice place, great food! It really gives you that tropical feeling!

Visited January 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Great Choice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

We went here for breakfast and were very pleased with our choice!

First of all, the decor and ambience of this restaurant is perfectly delightful. It is decorated with a focus on nature, which I really enjoyed.

The breakfast was wonderful! I love the typical Costa Rican breakfast and this one did not fail to please. I only wished that the portion was a little bigger, but that's probably the gluttonous side of me talking! The coffee and the fresh fruit juice was also marvelous. One of the best things in Costa Rica has got to be the food and drink!

A great choice for a good breakfast! I imagine that the rest of their food is probably pretty good, too.

• Visited March 2012