“Hidden Tican Gem”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 16, 2013

If you eat anywhere on the Nicoya Peninsula, you have to eat here.

Tucked away on the beach, blink and you will miss the entrance, this is one of the best restaurants in the whole of Costa Rica.

With the wave lapping the shore just a couple of metres in front of you, the culinary delights are to die for.

Everything is freshly prepared and beautifully presented

The wine list is outstanding

Simply put, this place is PERFECT

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We had a group go here for my boyfriend's birthday dinner, and as a whole the meal was really good, the setting was romantic as it was right on the beach. The staff was friendly and helpful and got our food out to us quickly. The stand out of the dinner (for me) was the dessert…it was by far one of the best desserts I've had in a long time. I'm not sure if it's always on the menu, but it was the molten lava cake. It was more like a chocolate soufflé and was done to perfection. The others in the group had the ice cream with fruit (I can't remember which fruit) and they all agreed it was excellent also.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

The beachfront location is the prettiest place to eat in Montezuma. The food was delicious and very fresh! The prices are much more expensive than most restaurants in the area but are very reasonable by North American standards. An entree is about $15.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I ended our vacation with a dinner at Artistas after several recommendations to eat here. We had a table on the beach lit by candles. It was very romantic and the food and wine helped make it perfect. The menu was specfic for that day and everything was fresh and delicious. We ended with a chocolate lava cake which was by far the best I've ever had.

I would definitely recommend a dinner hear with someone special.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is the most romantic spot you could have in Montezuma as others have stated it is set up for a very special night.

My partner and i ordered the tenderloin in red wine sauce.

When the food was delivered there were parts that were hot and others cold. I called over who i believed was the owner and told her the steak was cold and she advised me that is how it should be as it was rare, I'd say it had been cooked medium rare and then sat and gone cold when they were waiting for potatoes to cook which were fresh out and boiling it would seem strange to me that you would have elements of your meal piping hot being potatoes, then have luke warm courgettes and cold steak.

The owner offered to warm up the dish but i did not bother as i was made to feel that it had ben served correctly when I am convinced this was not the case.

There were lots of interesting choices on the menu and I'm pretty sure we were unlucky, the steak although cold was a great cut and delicious, portion size is on the small size if you only have a main, we had 2 small potatoes with our tenderloin with a small whole courgette.

I prefer a small meal but others with bigger appetites would probably need to be ordering 2 or 3 courses.