Tripadvisor
Inbox
Search
Amara Healing Therapies & Watsu
Review Highlights
Don’t miss this opportunity!

Doing Watsu with Ana was one of the most beautiful experiences I’ve ever had. Ana is so loving and... read more

Reviewed July 24, 2019
Nadia G
Amazing experience

I wasn’t sure about watsu when I first started my Costa Rica trip... but after hearing more about... read more

Reviewed May 3, 2018

from $76.93
from $115.50
from $141.03
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 2, 2016

Ana is a wonderful healer who offered a soothing touch and a sense of support during my first Thai massage experience. As a body worker myself, I am amazed at the way my hips and back felt during and after the session. If you've never had a Thai massage I highly recommend this type of healing as it's very complimentary to other types of bodywork. The warm caring energy Ana radiates makes the experience that much more enticing. Pura Bida ~Lala Scriven

Date of experience: September 2016
Ana Q, Owner at Amara Healing Therapies & Watsu, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2016

Darling... thanks to you! Thai massage is definitly a wonderfull way to create space within and I loved the opportunity to share that with you! Thanks so much for your review !! in love and kindness, Ana .

Reviewed September 5, 2016

I've been getting deep tissue massages every month for about 5 years and over the years I have tried other types including some Thai couples practices taught by my yoga teacher, but I had never really had a full Thai massage until I went to Anamaya Resort in Montezuma, Costa Rica in July of 2016.

The Thai massage I got from Ana was the best massage I have ever had in my life!! I felt totally amazing afterward. My muscles felt like butter and I was energized all at once. I floated out of the massage room totally drunk on all the feel-good energy buzzing through my body. I highly recommend Ana - she's an incredible massage therapist. I wish I could have taken her home with me!

Date of experience: July 2016
Ana Q, Owner at Amara Healing Therapies & Watsu, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2016

lol! thanks so much darling... let me know when you want me to come !!! jajaja .... Much light and love!

Reviewed September 2, 2016

I had a near death experience in the water a few years ago, and I thought that a Watsu treatment with Ana might be healing on many levels, and it was! This treatment is like no other treatment I have experienced, you are invited to let go, be lead, and deeply nurtured which for some of us is hard to do. This work is deeply healing and I highly recommend that all looking for an experience that gets you out of your head and into your heart try it. Thank you Ana!!!

Date of experience: August 2016
Ana Q, Owner at Amara Healing Therapies & Watsu, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2016

My sweet Janet, Thanks so much for your openness to try the water healing power of watsu , it was an honor to hold the space for both of you! May the water bring many blessings to all!

Reviewed September 1, 2016 via mobile

I went to Montezuma, Costa Rica and stayed at Anamaya in March 2016 with my sister and mother for a wonderful yoga retreat where we met Ana.

This retreat changed my life and I am forever grateful for the incredible souls we met while on this journey. Ana, in particular was so warm and welcoming and also did the watsu and massage therapies.

I never know what Watsu was until Anamaya and can best describe it as a trauma releasing therapy done in the calming waters. Ana was INCREDIBLE, so nurturing understanding and kind. The time I spent in the water was unlike any other experience and I truly felt healed and prepared for whatever the universe had in store for me when my session was over.

After my watsu treatment, I needed to spend more time with Ana and so a few days later I continued treatment with a massage and reiki session. This was also a wonderful experience. I've had dozens of massages prior to but never expiramented with reiki. Ana sensed a lot of emotion and energy in my body and was spot on with what I was going through physically and mentally. She also helped prepare me for a miracle that would soon after change my life.

We didn't know it at the time but a few weeks after my trip to Anamaya, I found out I was pregnant. I truly believe my time spent there and the treatment I received prepared me mentally, physically and spiritually for motherhood.

I am forever grateful for my time at Anamaya and for all of the wonder people I met. I would reccommend watsu massage or reiki for anyone looking to be healed!

Date of experience: March 2016
Ana Q, Owner at Amara Healing Therapies & Watsu, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2016

Darling... I am speechless... thanks so much for your review... It is an honor to be part of the miracles in your life... you are amazing !!!! In love and kindness,

Reviewed August 30, 2016 via mobile

Last year when I was in Costa Rica I heard about watsu. I heard that it was such an amazing experience that I had to try it when I came back. I signed up first thing when I arrived in Montezuma and had my first watsu at 830 in the morning. It was absolutely incredible. For me, it was incredibly nurturing and I felt like I was effortlessly dancing. The feeling of the heat of the sun against the front of my body and the cool of the ocean against my back was so relaxing. I had complete trust in Ana during my session. It was the first time, in a long time, that I felt completely at ease in another persons arms. It is as if you are a child in your mothers arms. I am very grateful that I got to have this session with Ana.

Date of experience: August 2016
Ana Q, Owner at Amara Healing Therapies & Watsu, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2016

The dancing of your soul makes Watsu my greatest passion! thanks for your review!!!