Had a great time here staying here for five days with my girlfriend back in May of 2011... I promised the woman working there (can't remember her name unfortunately) that I'd write a review and haven't gotten around to it until now, so things may or may not have changed since we were there, but judging on the pace of life in Montezuma I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same.
PROS/CONS (as of May '11):
+ Very clean, well-kept casitas (cottages) spread out over a spacious, very nicely landscaped hilltop property
+ Friendly, helpful staff
+ Nice pool/hottub with a view (I think it was more like a lukewarm tub, considering the weather there)
+ Mango and Starfruit trees nearby, and a blender in the room! Great for DIY breakfast smoothies
+ Chicho the giant pot belly pig!
+ Great place for a long stay, feels like a modest home away from home
– About a 10-20min walk to town, either through a fairly steep forest path which can be intimidating if you aren't familiar with Costa Rican jungle, or down a steep gravel road that isn't lit at night. Between the howler monkeys above, barking guard dogs along the way, and the speedy local drivers whipping around the sketchy dirt corners, it's not for the faint of heart (Make sure you bring a flashlight!)... Either way, you have a bit of an adventure/nightmare walking back in the dark depending on your perspective. We chose the jungle 9/10 times, and always ended up spotting some interesting wildlife: iguanas and some smaller lizards, howler monkeys and a few birds– Most notably a blue motmot!
– WiFi was decent but not the best, this may have changed but I remember chasing it across the property... Best spot was near the pool.
– They were doing some construction at the time which wasn't a big deal at all but was a bit disrupting. Completely understandable since we were pretty much the only ones there at the time, so this isn't really a complaint
All in all it's a great place if you don't mind the location. Easily recommendable for a long stay, though I'd choose something closer to town if you're only in the Montezuma area for one night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are planning your next holidays in Costa Rica you must take some time to go and visit the resort "Casitas Sollevante" in Montezuma. The resort itself is located just minutes away from the lively town of Montezuma, situated in the province of Puntarenas, in the southern Nicoya Peninsula (one of the 4 Blue Zones in the world). Casitas Sollevante is the perfect destination for travelers seeking an enchanting escape for their holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Casitas Sollevante reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.