All reviewsstudio apartmentpool villaaccess roadlarge porchin townthe ownerprepare mealsliving spacewindows and doorsoutdoor showerview is amazingcosta ricabeautiful placemontezuma beachhot watersan josehowler monkeys
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I stayed here for a few nights and I really liked it!

The location is NOT in town, make no mistake, and it is uphill. If you do not mind walking, this is not an issue. But if you do, or if the heat is too much, you can always get a cab.

The property is absolutely stunning! The grounds are perfectly manicured...lovely plants and flowers everywhere and a gorgeous pool. And, the crowning glory is the view of the ocean...it's everywhere!

We were there in March and there was only one other couple at the time. So, it felt as if we had the place to ourselves. The room was lovely...clean, modern and comfortable. The open-roof shower under the towering trees was a real treat!

I also fell in love with the resident dogs AND the cute pig!!!

A few things put me off. The young American girl on staff was essentially lazy. I asked her for things on three occasions but she did NOTHING!

The front desk also advised us that it would cost $3 per taxi ride to get into town, but the cabbies were asking for $4 (except for one honest one who confirmed that it should only be $3). I mentioned this to another girl at reception and asked her to please talk to the cabbie, but she did nothing.

The Wifi connection was also horrible. Would not work at all in the rooms, and at best, it was spotty on parts of the grounds. The owner advised that it was supposed to be fixed 'next week'. I would be curious to see if this were in fact the case!

I struggled with grading this hotel. The indifferent service at times wanted me to give it a four-star grading. But, aside from that and the wifi, the place really is SO lovely that I cannot help but give it 5 stars!

Overall, it was a lovely stay and I recommend the hotel. Make sure to see the pig...he is absolutely adorable!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I had the pleasure of staying here for a week while I was doing a poi retreat. The place is absolutely beautiful, with a magnificent ocean view and lovely garden surroundings. The pool is clean and a good thing to have when in Montezuma, as the days can get pretty hot.

Our little house was spotlessly clean, with a nice kitchen equipped with what we needed for cooking our own meals. The bedroom had a powerful fan in addition to the house having air conditioning.

The location is a little walk from downtown Montezuma, so you should have a car or be prepared to get taxis up and down. It's possible to walk down a jungle path or the road, like we did. It's not very far, but you will get warm and sweaty dute to the hot weather. And bring a flashlight for walking at night. The good aspect of the location is that it is nice and quiet. Also, there is a nice jungle path to walk to one of the waterfalls.

The service was very good, except for the young american girl working at the reception. She obviously wanted to do as little as possible. We enqired about getting a second key, as we were sharing house with two other people and we were not all together every day and needed to get in and out. She said she would have one made for us, but she never did. She also tried to get me and my boyfriend to carry yoga-mats down to the practice deck even though we were not part of the group doing yoga.

1  Thank MarteMy
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We stayed here two nights during our honeymoon, although we had booked for four. The staff were very friendly and helpful, but the place itself was completely unsuited to us. We were put in a self catering bungalow which was down an unsafe, dirt track and overlooked a rubbish strewn slope and the washing lines. The bungalow was clean enough but lacked basic self-catering things like normal knives (we only had steak knives) and although the hotel offers frewe wi-fi it was impossible to get any. We were also joined by huge ants and a giant stick insect. On our second night our key broke in the lock (it was a cheap Yale rip-off) and we couldn't find anyone to help us for over 40 minutes - eventually another guest managed to get hold of the owner, who wasn't apologetic and at first said that he would just put us in another room for the night, even though all of our belongings were in the bungalow, including our dinner. Overall we felt as though we had paid a lot of money to be shoved out of sight and out of mind. Luckily we were able to check out early - the receptionist was very helpful and apologetic, to her credit - and paid $15 extra to stay at the wonderful Agua Vista.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

we are from israel and toke 2 nighets in tish hotel. it a littel far from the center but is very quite area. the crew is very nice and helpfull. take it!

Room Tip: take the room that close to the pool.
Reviewed January 19, 2012

My Aunt (58) and I (32) rented a room, which is more like a studio apt, for over a week. It was amazing. Relaxing, quiet, surrounded by ocean and jungle views and humming birds! It's about a 15-20 minute walk to the beach, which we did everyday. We walked down (steep hills, but fun - saw monkeys and lizards) every morning and took a taxi up (cost about $2). The pool is splendid and the patio is AMAZING - did yoga, got a massage, read in the hammock, and ate meals on it. Felt like a home!

Would definitely return. I highly recommend Casitas for family, friends, couples and individuals alike. I WILL return!

Room Tip: Confirm hammock is there!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo