“Weird Nature Guide, Beautiful Surroundings” 4 of 5 stars

Private Monteverde Cloud Forest Walk
New York City, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Weird Nature Guide, Beautiful Surroundings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The reserve is amazing and it's absolutely worth spending time there. We booked a tour through the reserve itself, which was supposed to leave at 7:30 bit didn't leave until almost 8 am because other tourists in the group arrived so late. That was frustrating, and then our guide was rather awkward. He shaped the whole tour as if it was a class session, asking US all the questions about the cloud forest and its flora and fauna. Obviously we were there to have him share his knowledge with us -- not make us guess for answers! -- so it wasn't as informative as it could be. Might be worth booking a tour with a private guide to get more out of this very special place.

Visited December 2012

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Chicago, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“a must see”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Simply beautiful. Words can't describe the beauty - you have to see it for yourself, experience it. Bring binoculars to see all all the varieties of wildlife especially the birds. Don't miss the hummingbird garden.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank jcandndr
Houston, Texas
5 attraction reviews
“Wish I had spent more time here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

First and Second groth forest, in the clouds. I only got to cover a very small portion of the reserve due to scheduling. in around 3 hours picked up ~15 Life Birds. Whish I had more time. George, our guide was patient with an old man who pushed a desk instead of a trecking stick.

Visited December 2012
Calgary
“Fulfilling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My 12 year old son and I signed up for the early morning birding tour, this was well worth it! Our guide was incredibly knowledgeable, and we learned and saw so much! 6 hours of somebody talking to us and showing us the bird life - incredible. The forest itself is, of course, incredible also, and well worth a visit even without the bird tour, especially if you're not so enthusiastic about birds that you would get up to start a tour at 6:00 a.m......

Visited May 2012
Melbourne, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I did this walk and had practically the whole place to myself! I timed it along the skywalks so I wasn't close to any tour groups. It was so peaceful. I didn't see a lot of animals though. My friends did the night walk and saw loads of wildlife so maybe that's a better option. Great anyway. Bring a raincoat because it gets chilly!