TripAdvisor
Search
Open today: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM, 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Canyoning Monteverde

Had so much fun canyoning and repelling diwn 6 different waterfalls with this company . Even though... read more

Reviewed today
Seabass40
Sedona, Arizona
via mobile
Waterfall rappelling

We had a fabulous time and for us it was 5 stars but I gave it only 4 because I think it may be a... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Ironman009

Recommended experiences in and around Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve
from $35.00
from $60.00
from $80.00
from $699.00
More Info
All reviews canyoning tour tree climbing ficus tree waterfall rappelling adrenaline rush night walk a lot of fun a family run business rent shoes night tour learn how great dinner safety rope always felt safe free photos favorite excursion strangler fig
Selected filters
Reviewed September 27, 2018

What a great experience. I shared this with my 18 year old son. We had an amazing time and all I can say is I hope this creates a legacy for him to do with his kids. Leaves a smile on your face and then some.

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank Darren G
Reviewed August 24, 2018

I did Waterfall Rappelling (Canyoning) and Tree Climbing with Familia Brenes (
Finca Modelo Ecologica), both were overwhelming.
At the Canyoning, we had to pass 6 waterfalls, the largest is 40 meters high. Pure adrenaline.
The tree climbing was great. We climbed it from inside, from outside and using a rope. It was challenging and rewarding. Real adventure.
The team was super professional. We felt we are in good hands at all times.
This day in Monteverde was on of my best days in Costa Rica. I'm very glad I had the chance to experience these amazing activities with Familia Brenes.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

The team is knowledgeable and safe.

My wife was concerned about her knee, but she was able to tackle it all.

We ended up joining a large group so there were a few waits at the longest falls. That just gave us a chance to connect with our new friends from Belgium and Portugal.

All in all a great time.

Chris

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed June 26, 2018

I don't know how to begin to explain how amazing the Finca Modelo Ecologica tours are. My wife and I did the ficus tree climbing/night walk/dinner tour, as well as the canyoning (waterfall repelling) tour the next morning. Both tours were affordable and INCREDIBLE! I could have paid double what I did and still felt like it was a good value. Junior was our guide for the night walk tour, and he was extremely knowledgeable, funny, and good-natured. They even included transportation to and from Monteverde/Santa Elena hotels! I would recommend the familia Brenes to anyone who is looking for adventure and a good time!

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I did the canyoning tour through Finca Modelo Ecologica during the rainy season in Costa Rica. We have never experienced anything quite so rewarding after rappelling ourselves down the various waterfalls. The combination of the natural beauty of the waterfalls and gorges with the challenge of rappelling down them was truly amazing. Waterfall #4 which was 43 metres high particularly stood out as the highlight of the tour as it was so challenging. It was amazing to look back up once we had reached the bottom and contemplate how on Earth we actually done it! The staff were very professional and safety conscious whilst also having a laugh with our group. Would 100% recommend this to anybody visiting not only Monteverde but Costa Rica in general!

Date of experience: June 2018