Very friendly, very helpful, they knew our names within a day ! Even doing something extra is not too much to ask. We stayed her for our honeymoon for five nights and one night I asked them to put candles on our balcony, fill the Jacuzzi and put a bottle of champagne on ice outside. No extra charge other than for the bottle of Champagne.
We had book and Ocean view room but got upgraded to a suite when we arrived. The Suite was clean, the bathroom was maybe a little out dated (but I understood they are renovating those as we speak) and the ocean view balcony we had was big (with Jacuzzi) and had a stunning view.
The restaurant is ok and I guess if yo stay away from wine it is not too expensive. The choice on the menu is maybe a little limited compared to what they serve at the beach bar during lunch but everything we had tasted good. It would be nice if it would be possible to have dinner in the poolbar so that this gives you the option of ordering a pizza for dinner rather than having one for lunch.
Well the hotel promotes itself as promoting the environment. I also do believe that that is truelly their mission, and here I would like to offer some suggestions:
- When we arrived in our suite, the door to the balcony was open, both air conditioning units were on, as well as the ceiling fans.... not very eco
- As in any hotels you now-a-days see have the signs about recycling your towels. We put them up to dry every day as we do not need an new towel every day...... And yet they got changed every day
- The hotel promotes not feeding the animals and I do beleive that that is a good thing. Feeding monkeys will only lead into increasingly agressiveness towards humans. Yet an one point we saw hotel staff luring monkeys with food. Ok they did not hand over the food but the fact they learn them to come onto hotel grounds as there may be some food out there is not a good thing. I reported this to the reception and they took immediate action..... I hope the message came through....
We took a couple massage for about 50 min and paid about 160 USD. Although the massage was nice I think this is a bit overpriced....
The hotel may look a bit steep compared to others in the area but it is very very well worth booking this hotel. We had an amazing end of our honeymoon due to the hotel's location, views and service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within walking distance of Manuel Antonio National Park, Arenas Del Mar is an extraordinary beachfront and rainforest resort catering to travelers looking for more than the typical luxury hotel experience. Stunning, luxurious, and sustainable, our hotel has 38 rooms with exclusive beach and nature views, nestled in eleven acres of rainforest with private trails and two tree-shaded white sand beaches. Unique among the hotels in Manuel Antonio, our carbon-neutral property offers sustainable, luxurious lodging. As well, we are proud to be the first Costa Rican luxury hotel to have been awarded the Five Sustainability Leaf Award and a Five Star Award. With this stunning location and a myriad of personalized services, on-property activities and land and water-based tours catered for honeymooning couples and families alike, Arenas Del Mar is the perfect base for exploring on your Manuel Antonio vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Arenas del Mar Beachfront & Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenas Del Mar Beachfront & Rainforest Resort Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio