Just returned from stay at Arenas for 4 nights. Cannot disagree with last reviewer.
1) Very hilly, but golf carts work well to get to the two beaches, taxi drop off point. Road down from the main road to the drop pont is like craters of the moon....no way anyone can walk from the hotel to the main road (no sidewalks and narrow roads anyway). Taxis are essential, or hotel transport at about $10 each way..
2) lush tropical environs...white faced monkeys appear at breakfast time to entertain guests..occ. sloths and howlers around.
3) The best room by far is 703A. Request it if at all possible...perfect view, close to restaurant and golf carts. Lower rooms have no view and the rooms down by the small pool are way out of the way, views obstructed by trees
4) A/C in the bedroom only, not the lounge/living room, so quite muggy at night.. Multichannel cable TV and wireless work well.
5) Menu is good, food well prepeared. Not huge options, but with the limited guest count, understandable
6) Staff exceptionally friendly and eager to please, speak English well.
7) Arenas beach is expansive and very long, wide. No shelling, but warm tropical waters, smooth sand....not a whole lot of shade.
Overall, a nice stay, and better than Si Co Mo No and others in the area....you could do worse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within walking distance of Manuel Antonio National Park, Arenas Del Mar is an extraordinary beachfront and rainforest resort catering to travelers looking for more than the typical luxury hotel experience. Stunning, luxurious, and sustainable, our hotel has 38 rooms with exclusive beach and nature views, nestled in eleven acres of rainforest with private trails and two tree-shaded white sand beaches. Unique among the hotels in Manuel Antonio, our carbon-neutral property offers sustainable, luxurious lodging. As well, we are proud to be the first Costa Rican luxury hotel to have been awarded the Five Sustainability Leaf Award and a Five Star Award. With this stunning location and a myriad of personalized services, on-property activities and land and water-based tours catered for honeymooning couples and families alike, Arenas Del Mar is the perfect base for exploring on your Manuel Antonio vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Arenas del Mar Beachfront and Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenas Del Mar Beachfront And Rainforest Resort, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica Manuel Antonio National Park