2,105 results
All reviews golf cart playitas beach ocean breeze suite tortilla making private beach sustainability tour playitas restaurant halloween crabs premium suite local snacks costa rica cart drivers tico bar tortillas lower pool national park main restaurant
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I spent part of our honeymoon at Arenas del Mar and we wished we would have stayed longer! The hotel was wonderful in every way. The staff was very attentive and helpful, the food was delicious, and the beach was awesome! The drive to the hotel once we arrived in Quepos was a little scary and the road into the hotel was terrifying so be aware! Nevertheless, we had no problems with any of our drivers and they maneuvered the roads very well. The vibe at the hotel was pretty mixed. The ages of the guests were quite varies. We noticed one young couple that seemed younger than us and a lot of middle aged people as well as some older couples. There were even some families with young children.

Our accommodations at the hotel were just perfect. We stayed in an ocean breeze room and were able to see a little of the ocean. There were large trees outside out balcony and the first day we woke up to monkeys swinging on the trees! The food was also very good. The only complaint about the food was that nothing was included except breakfast. We knew this going in but meals became a bit pricey. Also, the drinks were pretty weak.

All in all, it was a beautiful, relaxing trip and Arenas was a great place to begin our honeymoon. This is certainly a place we would consider revisiting in the future!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SL0721
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We arrived in costa Rico in the night so I didn't get my first glimpse of the view until the next morning when we opened our windows to paradise. I have to say that our entire experience was paradise from the food to the incredible staff. We can't wait to go back and take our family. This green resort makes you think about the importance of taking care of our earth. And the incredibly beautiful surroundings make you want to have more of a hand in it as we'll.my favorite vacation ever! Lori kindle Wy

Room Tip: Inlet them know if you prefer to be close to the beach.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lori K
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Manuel Antonio is simply beautiful and Arenas Del Mar is as well. Every detail is perfect from the moment that you arrive to the moment that you sadly leave. The welcome drinks were great. Ordered many more during my stay (with a little rum :)). This resort offers the best of both worlds. Unspoiled beaches on one side and jungle on the other. The beach is shaded and my fiance was thrilled with the surf. The rooms were a little small but well furnished/decorated, luxurious and comfortable. Highlights were the beach, Iguanas, sloth right off balcony and the service. Also recommend Pizza Pata in town! We will be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My wife and I just returned from a week stay at Arenas del Mar in Manuel Antonio. Never been treated so well by such a wonderful, helpful staff at such a beautiful location. A one-of-a-kind vacation including excellent food, wonderful scenery, great views of native wildlife and plants. I haven't seen my wife that relaxed and comfortable in years. Kudos to Danny at the bar, Roscoe, Allen, Pedro and Minor. Their service and genuine friendship is to be commended. I would recommend this place to anyone and plan on going back!

Room Tip: All have spectacular ocean views. Stay closer to the reception if you like the bar/restaurant/poo/, rooms closer to the bottom of the hill if you like being on the beach/pool/lunch.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Just left the Arenas Del Mar last night and this was without a doubt our best hotel experience in a long time. Besides the extraordinary location (forest AND beach), the staff is the most impressive feature of this hotel. So many people are eager to fulfill any wish you may have or shuttle you around the forest property. Even checkout was trouble-free -no hidden fees or any bad surprises. The rooms and the views are fantastic and the beaches immaculate. We had a wonderful holiday.

• Stayed: September 2012