2,094 results
All reviewsgolf cartplayitas beachocean breeze suitetortilla makingprivate beachsustainability tourplayitas restauranthalloween crabspremium suitelocal snackscosta ricacart driverstico bartortillaslower poolnational parkmain restaurant
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I honestly don't know how much better my stay at Arenas could have been. The staff and overall service was incredible. You could tell that they genuinely wanted everyone to love Costa Rica the same way they all do. There were always fun activities for the guests to participate in including dancing and making music. The food and drinks were delicious and I know I already said it but I just can't emphasize enough how wonderful the staff was. I think the layout of the resort was one of my favorite parts, not everything was right next to each other. This way when you were in your room, at the restaurant, or at one of the pools it was easy to feel like there was nothing else but rainforest or ocean around you. A very relaxing and unique experience! Over the course of my stay I had the opportunity to eat at some of the other resorts in town but none of them compared to the service and atmosphere at Arenas. If I have the chance to return I won't be staying anywhere else!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank courtkiehl
GuestserviceADM, Guest Relations Manager at Arenas del Mar Beachfront & Rainforest Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

Dear courtkiehl,
Thank you for your great review of Arenas Del Mar. Reviews like yours are very important to us as we thrive on feedback, good or constructive. Thanks for pointing out the activities where we try to get our guests involved in the experience of dancing salsa, making tortillas and participating in presentations. We were also happy to hear that you liked the layout of the property, the rainforest and the privacy. We hope to have you stay with us again real soon. Pura vida!

Reviewed August 23, 2011

Arenas del Mar provides a fabulous vacation experience for its guests. The staff are very friendly, speak excellent english, and are extremely helpful to guests. They go out of their way to make sure your stay is the best it can be. For example, one morning we were eating breakfast and were talking of our plans to go hiking through the rainforest that day. We asked for a box to take the leftovers with us but were surprised with a whole fresh batch of breads and cakes to take with us on our journey! Talk about service! The hotel is kept in pristine condition, from the hotel rooms to the restaurants, to the walking paths. Our room was situated on the lower end of the hotel, with access to a pool, restaurant, and ocean not 50 ft away! Monkeys, sloths, and iguanas were often within site and made for a fun, relaxing atmosphere. I cannot thank Arenas del Mar for giving me the experience of a lifetime. I had an excellent vacation and cannot wait to come back again soon!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Aelowitz
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Nice location and the suites were excellent. I do wish the view from the balconies was better though, no close enough to the ocean and too close to other buildings. The beach is nice but not very good for swimming, there are some large rocks and when we were at the hotel there was somewhat heavy waves constantly.

The staff and management are very friendly and accommodating. We had our young (6 months) old son with us and the staff loved him! They were also carrying him around and showing him to people. Overall the staff in Costa Rica are very friendly etc but they were +1 at this location.

The continental breakfast was quite good, fairly average for the area.

The restaurant is OK, quite expensive and somethings were not done very well but they are trying. There are many other places to try in the area and I would encourage people to do that.

The "driveway" down to the resort is very steep and dangerous where it leaves the main road, be VERY careful here.

Room Tip: Big off-season discounts
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank petiteTreasure
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This resort is definitely 10 stars out of 5!!!! If I had the chance to go to the Bahmmas or to Arenas Del Mar, I would choose Arenas Del Mar easily. there is no money in the WORLD that would make me go antwhere else, honestly!!!!!! This resort is the best of the best NO DOUBT!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Maddy C
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We just returned from 3 wonderful days in Arenas del Mar and had a wonderful time. The location and rooms are beautiful, this place and the staff will spoil you forever. Throughout our stay in Costa Rica I was humbled by the kindness of the staff, and this place was no different. Everyone went out of there way to make our stay unforgettable.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family