Hotel Mandarina
Los Altos Resort(Manuel Antonio)
$407
$280
La Mariposa Hotel(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$202
$194
  • Breakfast included
Parador Resort and Spa(Manuel Antonio)
$239
$222
Las Cascadas The Falls(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$118
Gaia Hotel & Reserve(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$363
Si Como No Resort & Wildlife Refuge(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$199
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Shana By The Beach, Hotel Residence & Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$138
$135
Falls Resort at Manuel Antonio(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$132
$408
$396
Travelocity
Tulemar Resort(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$260
All reviewsthe main roadnational parkpool area and breakfastno wifi in the roomscosta ricabus stopthe location is perfectbreakfast was deliciousmanuel antonio parkrestaurants within walking distanceel avionevery morningsmall poolcapuchin monkeysmandarinelorenaquepos
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My wife and I went to Costa Rica with another couple. We spend our 2nd week of our trip at the Hotel Mandarina. We had come from a week of hikes, zip lines and rappelling and it was time to relax and hope to see some wild life.
We arrived in the late afternoon and tossed our bags in our rooms. We stayed in the rooms with 1 king size bed. The rooms were very clean and comfortable but slightly odd. You would walk into the door to our room go down 3 steps to the bedroom. Then go down another 3 steps to the bathroom. There are no doors between the bathroom and the bedroom so this could make some travelers a little nervous. I am not a tall guy but in order to sit on the throne I had to put my legs in the shower.
We didn’t spend much time in our room and we were off to the pool. We were in the pool every day at least twice. It’s perfect for a morning dip, afternoon swim or an evening cool down. There is a hot tube as well but I don’t believe it was on during our stay. It was too warm to use it anyway. Every day around 3pm – 5 pm at the Hotel Mandarina a small trip of Monkey’s would leap from tree to tree and eat leaves in the tree’s above the pool. Most days of our trip we would lay in the pool and watch the 20 or so monkeys jump from branch to branch, counting the times they would almost miss their landings but never did.
The staff at the hotel were AMAZING. They were very helpful in finding some good places to eat and best ways down to the beach. The manager recommended we try a sunset sailboat trip it was a good time. Both the ladies that were with us ended up having to take gravol but the free drinks and amazing scenery were well worth it. Every Morning we would get up around 7-8 am and head down for the complementary breakfast. Traditional beans and rice paired with scrabbled eggs, French toast, cereal with fresh fruit. I normally don’t eat a big breakfast so this was perfect.
Our overall experience at the Hotel Mandarina was great. Great location, helpful and friendly staff, clean and we had monkeys and sloths around almost nightly. ( we went to the national park on our 2nd day thinking we would see lots of animals but we defiantly saw more and were closer just lounging in the pool of the hotel. )

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert D
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Hola Robert!
Thank You for your kind review. It appears you stayed in Standard room D which has a king size bed. I apologize for the tight bathroom! Most of our bathrooms are more accommodating!!! If there were other rooms available, we would have upgraded you. I hope you found the room comfortable otherwise. If you come back again, we will definitely give you an upgrade at no charge.

I also apologize about the hot tub... but it's usually powered off until a guest requests the front desk to turn it on, to save energy. Also, we don't leave it on after hours for safety reasons.

I am glad the monkeys made their rendezvous during your stay! Monkey sightings are always a highlight and there is no guarantee they will come by at the same time everyday!

Please stay with us again! :>)

Reviewed June 10, 2012

This was my tenth year coming to Manuel Antonio and I have never stayed anywhere else. First and foremost...owners Christopher and Gary are great at reinvesting into the property to make it better each time. Secondly....Andres who is the property manager and friend of ours since we have been coming always makes us feel like we are family. The property is always very clean and the staff from Andres to Randall to the housekeepers and landscapers and security always are so friendly and professional. This year we had had 7 rooms for 7 nights and if we did not have to be back to work we would love to stay here indefinately...LOL. Thank you so much for making our vacation once again one to remember and thank you for taking such great care of us! We are planning our return for 2014 and I am confident we will buy out the property for the timeframe as rave about the hotel and staff each year and more and more people want to come. Andres you are the best! Thank you!!!

Room Tip: the rooms located upstairs have great wifi access but really any room is a good room as they are all quiet and it is a small property.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
tangerineTangerine, Owner at Hotel Mandarina, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Hola Phxaztraveler!

Thanks for your kind words! I am glad you enjoy staying with us!

Con Mucho Gusto!

Reviewed June 9, 2012

This was my second stay with La Mandarina, and I highly recommend it as an affordable option for accommodation in Manuel Antonio. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast is quite good and the location is convenient both to Quepos and to the park/beach.

Room Tip: I would recommend requesting a room with an open air shower....so you can hear the monkeys while you shower!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Hola jdhallchgo!

Thank you for staying at Hotel Mandarina... I am glad you enjoyed it here!
Hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 14, 2012

The hotel rooms are nice, but too small. The swimming pool is average, but the hot tub next to it is never on. The staff was incredible rude when we ask for the hot tub to be turn on, so it is like there is no hot tub. Do not be surprise about the breakfast; it is very cheap, and limited. also this hotel do not have an ocean view.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
tangerineTangerine, Owner at Hotel Mandarina, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Hola Mauricio,
We at Hotel Mandarina are glad you found your room nice. Unfortunately, we have no plans to increase the size of them. I'm sure you survived ok. Our swimming pool is lined with nice blue tiles and has a little waterfall if turned on... however, we could not afford gold trim or Venus statues...sorry about that. We usually leave our hot tub turned off until someone asks to turn it on, in order to conserve energy. I sincerely hope our manager, Andres did not bite your head off when asked.. he is always nice from what I am told!
About the breakfast... again I am sorry you had to make do with eggs or pancakes and coffee and fresh fruit! We were thinking about offering filet mignon and quail eggs with mimosas and bagels imported overnight from New York... but then we would have to raise the prices a bit! But seriously, if a guest decides beforehand that they would like to go somewhere else, like Cafe Milagro (oops... you may not want to go there again, as you felt they were rude), we can deduct $5 per person per day from your bill.
About us not having an ocean view... yes! it is true... we DO NOT have an ocean view and it states this in our website. You can see a partial ocean view from the front of our hotel, but nowhere on our website does it state that our rooms have an ocean view.

Gary A. Wexler

Reviewed April 8, 2012

I had a great three-day stay at the Hotel Mandarina. The bus between Quepos and the Manuel Antonio beaches and park stops right in front of the hotel so you can easily get to both Quepos and the beaches in 5-10 minutes for about 250 colones (45 cents). It have even been cheaper than that. My room was very nice and updated with great colors, artwork and the bathroom was very modern. I enjoyed meeting the hotel staff who were very helpful and nice. The breakfast that comes with the room price is served on a beautiful deck and includes made-t-order hot dishes and a variety of Fresh fruits and vegetables. I heard the manager telling someone that he had gone out earlier that morning to the market in Quepos to get all of the fresh fruit. You can't go wrong with the Madarina. The hotel is very nice, clean, friendly and easily accessed during your stay in the area.

Room Tip: Call to verify your room in advance even if you pay with credit card through the website. This is not an issue with the Mandarina, but rather the Costa Rican "Pura Vida" way of life.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo

Hola Jos76!

Thank You for your positive review of Hotel Mandarina! And thank you for your helpful tips regarding public transportation. The bus stops pretty frequently during the day and is very cheap It stops maybe 100 feet away. We are glad you enjoyed our breakfast and room decor! Hope to see you again!