Open today: 4:00 AM - 10:00 PM

from $69.00
from $50.26
from $70.52
More Info
All reviews manuel antonio park night tour spotting scope costa rica amazing tour his knowledge great guide amazing pictures private tour spot animals plants and animals national park keen eye take pictures interesting information night walk cell phone
Selected filters
Reviewed August 31, 2017

My wife and I took our two kids (12 and 9) to Costa Rica for two weeks, and our tour with Manuel was a standout highlight of our trip. Like another reviewer mentioned, he seemed to be a guide of the guides!

He was very personable, interactive, and honest. He quickly found and shared wildlife within the park, and had a deep knowledge of everything we saw and beyond. In addition to telling us about plants and animals we saw, he explained many of the scientific facts and ancestry of the species and how they relate to the environment and others.

With his digital scope we got some great views, my kids were captivated. He also allowed us to attach our phone whenever we wanted a picture which left us with some amazing photos.

In addition, he is a local who grew up near the area, and has been a guide for many years so offered great advice on restaurants, other places to see in Costa Rica and insider tips. Since Costa Rica's park system is a little more casual than others, there is little enforcement and regulation around tour guides. Manuel has invested many years and significant money to become certified and licensed as a guide. And it was obvious how educated and experienced he was - his expertise was really impressive.

Manuel is a great person, and excellent guide. I HIGHLY recommend booking a tour with him for your visit.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

If you're planning on a trip to Costa Rica, I highly recommend booking a tour in the Manuel Antonio National Park with Manuel. He is fabulous and knows his stuff! He is a wonderful and very knowledgable guide. His lovely personality and sense of humor made it all the more enjoyable.

Mille grazie Manuel from DDS in New York City!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

Our family of 5 recently went on a guided tour of Manuel Antonio Park with Manuel, and we couldn't have been happier. Not only was he an expert at locating all kinds of wild life, but he also told us lots of interesting facts about what we were seeing. Our kids were kind of crabby and tired that afternoon but with Manuel's low key energy, they were able to enjoy the park as well. I also appreciated the fact that he took pictures for us using my phone camera and his telescope. I got the best ever picture of a sloth!

I highly recommend having Manuel as your guide.

1  Thank linnyswan
Reviewed August 22, 2017

Manuel knows the park better than other guides. He would stop us on the path and set up a telescope on some wildlife hidden in the trees that no one could spot. I noticed the other guides would then set up at his spot as he was teaching us about the forest - HE WAS GUIDING THE GUIDES!
We were not just out there spotting monkeys. He was able to bring the forest alive to us and explain the balance of this ecosystem. I can highly recommend him for his knowledge, warmth and humor.

1  Thank wakemeforsnacks
Reviewed August 16, 2017

Manuel was very knowledgable.

He spotted lots of wildlife that we would never have seen on our own and knew so many facts about the animals.

We all learnt lots!