“Night tour with my kids in Manuel Antonio”
Review of Manuel's Tours

Manuel's Tours
Ranked #2 of 71 Tours in Manuel Antonio
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are a team of certified naturalist guides since 2001 and 100% "Ticos" who love to share the amazing nature world, culture, lifestyle, and history of Costa Rica, our daily nature activities are for those enthusiasts who are looking to have the best rainforest and wildlife experience in Costa Rica, we use the newest optics in the market and provide the most professional personalize service, all our tours are serious, educational, informative and don't like guiding big groups. Bird watching and wildlife photography is our passion and we certainly enjoy sharing beautiful Costa Rica at the best and highest level possible. Contact us and we will be happy to answer all your questions about any of our tours or Manuel Antonio/Quepos area or Costa Rica.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed October 24, 2017

I booked a night tour with Manuel for me and my three boys (11-9-7 years old) and the kids (and I) loved it! Excellent guide, not even in the forest and we had already seen many animals! Super patient with the boys and taught them a few spotting tricks so they were pretty happy! Very satisfied!

Date of experience: October 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
ManuelCabalceta, Owner at Manuel's Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2017

I love your your review and the fact that you and your boys love my night tour, if I had learned something about touring with kids its to be patient and keep them always motivated. I still thinking about the mom and baby sloth momentum we experienced that night.. it was for me the highlight of our tour and I believe the tarantula the second...
Thank you so much for visiting Manuel Antonio and contacting me.

Pura Vida!
Manuel Cabalceta M.

All reviews
"manuel cabalceta"
in 18 reviews
"manuel antonio national park"
in 60 reviews
in 7 reviews
"keen eye"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed August 31, 2017

My wife and I took our two kids (12 and 9) to Costa Rica for two weeks, and our tour with Manuel was a standout highlight of our trip. Like another reviewer mentioned, he seemed to be a guide of the guides!

He was very personable, interactive, and honest. He quickly found and shared wildlife within the park, and had a deep knowledge of everything we saw and beyond. In addition to telling us about plants and animals we saw, he explained many of the scientific facts and ancestry of the species and how they relate to the environment and others.

With his digital scope we got some great views, my kids were captivated. He also allowed us to attach our phone whenever we wanted a picture which left us with some amazing photos.

In addition, he is a local who grew up near the area, and has been a guide for many years so offered great advice on restaurants, other places to see in Costa Rica and insider tips. Since Costa Rica's park system is a little more casual than others, there is little enforcement and regulation around tour guides. Manuel has invested many years and significant money to become certified and licensed as a guide. And it was obvious how educated and experienced he was - his expertise was really impressive.

Manuel is a great person, and excellent guide. I HIGHLY recommend booking a tour with him for your visit.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

If you're planning on a trip to Costa Rica, I highly recommend booking a tour in the Manuel Antonio National Park with Manuel. He is fabulous and knows his stuff! He is a wonderful and very knowledgable guide. His lovely personality and sense of humor made it all the more enjoyable.

Mille grazie Manuel from DDS in New York City!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

Our family of 5 recently went on a guided tour of Manuel Antonio Park with Manuel, and we couldn't have been happier. Not only was he an expert at locating all kinds of wild life, but he also told us lots of interesting facts about what we were seeing. Our kids were kind of crabby and tired that afternoon but with Manuel's low key energy, they were able to enjoy the park as well. I also appreciated the fact that he took pictures for us using my phone camera and his telescope. I got the best ever picture of a sloth!

I highly recommend having Manuel as your guide.

1  Thank linnyswan