We stayed three nights in one of the 'private bungalows'. The room was basic with a shared bathroom and kitchen but perfectly adequate and very spacious. We spent most of our time on the private balcony area with hammock and perfect pacific view - it's hot in Manuel Antonio so you don't want to do much. The hostel advertises as 'where the fun is' but it was a friendly atmostphere, chilled out and quite peaceful (not a party haven which we appreciated). Breakfast is basic but does the job nicely.
One day is enough for MA national park, especially if you've done Corcovado/Monteverde which are more impressive and less crowded but it's worth going if only to spent time on the idyllic beaches (note the park, including the beaches close at 4pm).
From the hostel there is a very steep 30 min walk down to a lovely beach - it is hot and very steep but great for a day out of lazing around. Just make sure you're back at the hostel for sunset!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hostel is nestled into the heart of the jungle in Manuel Antonio center with a breathtaking ocean and sunset view over the green canopy. From very affordable dormitory bunk beds to slightly more luxurious private rooms with ocean view- we have it all and it all comes with a free continental breakfast in the morning! The common terrace area has hammocks for lounging and reading a book or just taking a snooze amongst the squawks of scarlet macaws and the touch of the ocean breeze. There is also a fully equipped communal kitchen and TV lounge with cable and dvds to watch. The spread out set up of the cabins allows us to be both family friendly and also party friendly, bringing together a unique combo of the two. Just remember at Hostel Vista Serena we host the fun!! Pura Vida! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Hostel Vista Serena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vista Serena Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Hostel Vista Serena Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park