WINNER WONDERLAND

“Amazing First Hostel Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hostel Vista Serena

Hostel Vista Serena
Vancouver
“Amazing First Hostel Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

This place was so fun and a great experience for a first time Backpacker. Staff at this Hostel were real from the beginning and went above and beyond to make guests Happy. I would recommend everyone to stay here if your coming to Manuel Antonio! Special, Very Special Shout out to Andres, Conrad and Especially Leah!!! Thanx

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Hebrew first
Zdar nad Sazavou, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Vista Serena is one of the most beautiful hostels I have stayed at. Maybe the most beautiful one. The view is just breath taking, the sun sets and the rain storms.. Incredible. It is not the only thing that makes this place so special. Usually for me it is the people. And the people who work there have become my friends so easily.. Leah who is in charge of tours is a very special person to me. She made me laugh every day and she was so helpful with all the tours. She is doing a great job there. She was always there when I needed something. I learned a lot from Conrad and Sonia too. I felt like at home there and I am so greatfull for that. The food there is delicious too! Thank you guys! Vista Serena is the kind of place where you wanna come back again and again... I will :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Zuza59
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was in Manuel Antonio in January! It was an amazing place with a great view and really nice people. The sunset is amazing!!! The people are really really friendly and helpfull. I fell before the hostel and had a unpleasant injury. Steve, Serena, her sons and Leah where very sweet for me! I feld like i was home at this hostel and I met some really awesome people! The food was very good! After a while I wanted to go to a place where they had whales and Leah (the hostess) has helped me here extremely well. She offered me a good hostel in Uvita and was a great guide! Everything I wanted and needed, she arranged it for me! Because of her my wish of seeing whales became true!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Deesjepeesje
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed at Vista Serena while travelling Central America and Mexico for months and this was by far one of the best hostel experiences of my trip. Beyond the great amenities and absolutely breathtaking views, the management and customer service made the stay so much more memorable. Leah and Conrad were both wonderful and very helpful in providing suggestions for activities, booking side-trips and just making me feel welcome and at home as a solo traveler, which I really appreciated so much. Leah helped me book a tour of the National Park (which was great - so many animal sightings) and a trip to Corcovado, which, no exaggerations, was the highlight of my four month trip, thanks to her help. Absolutely amazing. I dream about going back to Vista Serena to chill in those hammocks and watch the sunset and toucans fly by all the time!! And to hang out with the great people and the pups! You won't regret a stay here. (Oh and I didn't even mention the basics: really good deal for a dorm room, super clean and nice.)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Five years ago I decided I was going to spend 3 months in Costa Rica because I hate Winter. I made my way to San Jose then Heredia and I grabbed a nice bus to Manuel Antonio with out booking any thing in advance ( mistake always pre book ) There was this place called Vista Serena Hostel I went there with a few other people i meet on a bus with our luck they had enough room for us all What a beautiful place to stay at first your greeted at the driveway by 2 sweet little dogs and a big Dino dog who love's everyone then you look to your left and you see a view like you would not believe just stunning and breath taking There was a lovely women from America at the desk . she was helping a group of travellers who were booking a tour with with her (Leah) She greets you right away and very nice I would here a group coming back to the Hostel and thanking Leah for a great vacation with helping them all with buses and and getting all over Costa Rica I have been going to Costa Rica now 5 years now Conrad and his Mom Sonia made every one feel like they were home The staff there are the kindest people I have ever meet Like my self a 1 night stay turned into weeks like so many others Beautiful country and some of the kindest people you will meet all waiting for you ! .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Enjoyed staying in Vista Serena. A beautiful location, fun people, breakfast and possibility to have an airconditioned room. The staff, especially the girl at the reception, were helpful and gave me advice about further travels in Costa Rica. I booked a three-day trip to the Corcovado national park via them, which I really enjoyed - camping in the middle of nowhere was an experience of a lifetime!

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I really enjoyed staying at vista serena! The view is great and people are very friendly. They give you all the tips to get to know manuel antonio and all costa rica. Rooms are clean and confortable, and has an excellent location. Hope I will come back!!

• Stayed February 2013