Vista Serena is a great hostel. Stay here.
My friend and I stayed in a 4-person dorm (11USD/night) without reserving, but I get the feeling a reservation might be necessary deeper into the high season, as the dorms filled up immediately after our arrival. The dorms are set up in little suites, each with a fully-equipped kitchen, one bathroom, and a balcony with a stunning west view of the Pacific. Clean sheets and towels are provided. Hot water showers too. I saw a sloth and flying fauna one morning.
The main area has a similar stunning view with hammocks and lots of seating. Andre and the other desk staff are helpful and can tell you everything you might need to know. There is a TV with movies, and a wall of books for those who are sick of the vista. We had a lot of fun both our nights there. HVS attracts all types so solo travellers can be sure to meet some travel buddies here.
The hostel is a 5 minute walk from the supermarket and from bus stops. The bus takes you to Quepos, or to Manuel Antonio park and costs 250colones. There are plenty of restuarants in the area, but frankly, it's a lot cheaper and more fun to have cook offs with fellow hostel-goers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hostel is nestled into the heart of the jungle in Manuel Antonio center with a breathtaking ocean and sunset view over the green canopy. From very affordable dormitory bunk beds to slightly more luxurious private rooms with ocean view- we have it all and it all comes with a free continental breakfast in the morning! The common terrace area has hammocks for lounging and reading a book or just taking a snooze amongst the squawks of scarlet macaws and the touch of the ocean breeze. There is also a fully equipped communal kitchen and TV lounge with cable and dvds to watch. The spread out set up of the cabins allows us to be both family friendly and also party friendly, bringing together a unique combo of the two. Just remember at Hostel Vista Serena we host the fun!! Pura Vida! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Hostel Vista Serena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vista Serena Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Hostel Vista Serena Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park